Chapter 20

Kabir's pov

The dinner was perfect tonight. Finally I enjoyed a meal after so long. I'm not blaming the food. Not at all. But the difference lies in your company. Even if you are tasting the most delicious food on this earth and you're alone, you're not going to enjoy the meal. So tonight I finally had someone to talk while eating and that feeling was great. I always wished to come home and have a proper dinner with my family. Sharing the stories of the day and discussing on some stupid stuff, like normal people do. But my life was never normal. And the saddest part is being always alone at home, also while eating.

While dining with Riddhima everything felt normal. We talked about random stuff and joked around like old friends. The night was so perfect that I wanted to stay there for all time. But as we agreed before that we'll go somewhere else and that's what we did.

Sunshine Bar was the place where we should meet. It's a bar at the stern of the cruise and it provides an outside parting area with a pool and also an inside space.

I was on my way when I saw Vansh talking to someone. He behaved a little strange this morning and was averting his gaze, as he was trying to avoid me. I don't know why but I had the feeling that he was pissed about something. Oh not that he's the happiest person on this planet but... Ok if I put it this way he is always unhappy about some random shits, so nothing.

His eyes met mine and I waved to him. He excused himself from the guy to whom he was talking to and came across me.

"Going somewhere?" he demanded.

"Um... hello to you too." I was getting used to his spoiled behavior for some reasons. "And normal people usually ask how they are doing after that. If you were wondering."

He sighed in frustration. "I can see that you are doing good."

"Oh yeah. I would like to introduce you to the concept of 'courtesy' but I'm getting late. So I promise that we'll do it next time." I was leaving when his question came to my mind. "And oh, I'm going to Sunshine bar, wanna join?"

He smirked and nodded. Even if he was supposed to deny.

We walked silently and when we arrived at the entrance I spotted Riddhima waiting for me. I waved to her so she could see us.

"You had company?" He gave me a shocked look.

"Yup. Sorry I didn't inform you about that but I was expecting a no as an answer, but you said yes and I was just surprised that you agreed. And I'm glad that you joined us but if you don't want to come I won't stop you." I said the last part with a pout.

He seemed to think for a sec and later he nodded.

"That's fantastic!" I was really happy that I could spend some time with some friends...or that's what I think they were.

We reached Riddhima who was smiling with a doubtful frown.

"So this is..." I started to introduce them to each other and the morning scenario hit my mind. "Sorry I guess you already know each other."

"Yeah, but nice to meet you again Mr. Raisinghania." Riddhima extended her hand and took it back immediately. What was going on between these two?

Vansh noticed her uncomfort and offered his hand to her. "Glad to meet you too Miss Riddhima..."

She took his hand and shook it. "It's just Riddhima."

"Intressing, very interesting." he said it with a husky tone, narrowed his eyes and raised his chin.

He used to put that look with me at the beginning. The one that gives him a sense of superiority toward the other person, that made him look that he is threatening. But I think it's just his way to approach.

She nodded timidly, pulling her hand from his.

"Ahem." I cleared my throat, to relax a little bit the atmosphere. "So should we go in?"

We headed to the bar area to order something for us. After all, it was a night-out.

I got a summer cocktail, Riddhima a lime mocktail and our richie rich friend ordered a Ritz-Paris Sidecar, which cost a fortune.

The air between the two was not getting any chill so I suggested dancing, Vansh answered by turning his head to the other side and I interpreted it as a no and without letting him spoil my mode I took Riddhima's hand and went to dance.

I'm not good at dancing but know a little basic disco steps and manage to stay on the floor for a while. I looked for Vansh to check if he was okay and found him drinking like a shot. Maybe we shouldn't have left him there alone.

"Hey I guess we should go back to Vansh." I shouted to make me hear over the music.

"Alright, you go, I need to use the washroom, so I'll get there."

I got to Vansh. "Hey."

He ignored him completely.

"Listen, I am really sorry that I left you here alone, it wasn't my intention but the atmosphere was so tense that I thought to come up with something." I put my hand on his shoulder.

He looked at my hand on his shoulder and finally our eyes met.

I shivered from head to toe as if I touched a sparked wire. I withdraw my touch.

His eyes looked so intense that I feared to lose myself into that. His look claimed me fully, I was hypnotized.

"You like her?" He asked with a sad and husky voice.

"Um?" I was so lost in him that I could elaborate his words at first. "What? No!" Is he out of his mind? Why is he asking such questions? "None of your matters but no. Why do you think that?"

He shrugged and turned back to his drink.

"How many of those have drunk?" I was quite sure he was tipsy by his eyes.

"Didn't count."

I really need to chill myself down. I waited for Riddhima to come because I couldn't let him alone like this.

"Vansh, I'm going to the washroom, you're not going to drink anymore of them and I'll be back in seconds,okay?"

Riddhima came back and I told her to keep an eye on him.

I throw some cold water on my face. What am I doing? Why is he having such control on me? I need to take my command back on my feelings. I have to behave normally.

When I returned, I saw Vansh was relaxing his head on Riddhima's shoulder and she was rubbing her hand on his back.

What?!? Why was he leaning on Riddhima? And why was she passing her hand on his back?

I went quickly there and tapped on their shoulders, but only Riddhima turned. "What happened?" I asked promptly.

"I think he has drunk a lot and now he is feeling a little sick." she said with a small voice.

Vansh did a stupid drunk laughter.

"Oh." I was caught completely off guard. "Let me handle him." I grabbed Vansh who was staging back on his chair. When his weight was completely on me I sighed in relief. I felt giddy for being the one who'll help him and the reason is still unknown to me. "You need something, Vansh?"

"Umm..." he moaned "Wanna another drink." he raised his hand to the waiter. "Another shot here."

"Hey, hey, I'm cutting you here. It's enough for now."

He rested his head on my head and closed his eyes. "Okay then I want to go to my room." he ordered.

That snached a smile. Despite the fact that how much wasted, he didn't forget his bossy attitude. Was he for real? I suddenly realized we were not alone. I turned to Riddhima and said: "I think we should call it a night. Let's go."

She nodded sweetly and followed us.