EPILOGUE

Narrator's POV

Standing in front of the mirror, Kabir was struggling to tie his necktie and thinking "How can a piece of cloth be this complicated?". But the fault here wasn't of the poor tie, but his shaking hands and his thoughts'. "How will it go? What if something happens and our plan fails?"

After some tries, he huffed in frustration and let his arms fall beside his sides.

"What's the matter, Inspector?" asked his husband, who's been standing by the door watching the love of his life getting irritated by a piece of clothing.

"I can't tie it. It's too complicated." he said, turning back to look at Vansh.

Vansh took some steps to close the space between them, and reached for Kabir's tie and started to knot it. "It's okay, sweetheart. Everything's going to be fine."

Kabir kept looking at Vansh and asked "How can you be so calm?"

"When am I not calm?"

"That's my point. How can you? It's been a week I've been thinking about it and kept asking myself the same questions."

He finished tying the neckwear and looked into Kabir's eyes. "Because I know everything's going to be okay." he said in a soothing voice, and hugged his Inspector.

"What if it doesn't? What if he doesn't like us? Or something goes wrong with the paperwork?"

"Then we'll deal with it. After all we've gone through these past years, together we'll survive this too."

"But..."

"No buts." he pulled back a little and continued "We are ready, and now we will go there, do the paperwork and bring him with us, okay?" he finished and gave a peck on Kabir's lips.

Vansh wasn't as calm as he was showing to Kabir. He was feeling an uneasiness that he had never felt before, even if he tried to calm himself down, there was this lingering feeling.

He never doubted himself before and now wasn't any different, but he was worried about what was going to happen. He wasn't even concerned about himself, but for Kabir, that if things didn't turn out the way they wanted, he would be disappointed.

Vansh stopped the car in front of the building and Kabir took a deep breath.

"I can do this." he said and turned to Vansh and remarked "We can do this.

Unlike the other times today they were alone in the car. They thought that it was better to go without the driver in a manner in which the person they were going to meet wouldn't feel overwhelmed.

They got out of the car and walked together toward the entrance of the old but big building.

As soon as they entered there were already the secretary and the psychologist waiting for them.

"Good morning, sirs." they said in unison.

"Good morning, ladies." said the two men together.

"We were waiting for you guys. Your lawyer is not here but we can go and talk about other formalities while we wait for him." said the secretary.

"Sure." said Vansh.

"Follow us then." The two husbands followed the two women in their office.

Once they took their seats in the quite old but clean office, the secretary started asking the same old questions: how they were doing, if they wanted anything to eat or drink.

After refusing to have anything, Kabir got straight to the point. "How is he doing?"

"He's doing very fine. He couldn't control his excitement yesterday and kept talking about how much he wanted to go with you guys."