Chapter 37

Kabir's pov 

"Here." I gave him the spare keys.

"It's okay Kabir, I don't need them. It was my fault after all, I should have warned you first." Vansh huffed.

We were sitting in this cosy restaurant that I found online and thought to bring Vansh with me. The owner had built this mini-restaurant in their own house and there are just three tables available in each room in their residence. It was ideal for us, not crowded and with full privacy . So here we were, having a romantic candlelight dinner. One thing I must confess, everything was so perfect and nice, but it was hard to see the food.

"See I don't want you to end-up outside for a whole night, so please take them."

He sighed and took the keys. "Alright."

Last Friday, his family went to a family dinner. He wanted to spend some time with me instead, so snaked out from there and came to my house. The problem was that I wasn't there. A case was going on and we had a lot of pending work. I came back around midnight and found him half asleep on my garden's chair. On Monday I went to make a spare key and now I finally handed them to him, after a long talk.

"Could I call this the beginning of a living-relationship?" he joked.

I thought for a sec. "Why not? If you're ready to move in." I grinned.

He took my hand in his. He didn't say anything but I can clearly see something big coming out of his thoughts. "Or..." he trailed off. "You can come to..."

"No Vash." I interrupted him because of what he was trying to say. "We already had this talk this weekend and I'm still stuck with my decision. I'm not completely ready for that. We need to keep this thing slow. It will be a huge mess when you introduce me to your family." he got a little pissed. "I'm not saying to keep this relationship secret for always but we have to be sure. Sure that we are actually ready to take a big step." I could see that he was annoyed. I put my other hand on our connected hands to calm him. He pulled his hand back.

"See Kabir, I don't know." he shook his head. "I don't want to hurt you but... are you even sure about our relationship?" he gestured between us.

"I'm not saying that! I am saying..."

"I just want to know if you're into this as much as I am."

"Of course I'm Vansh. Please listen to me before making any conclusions." I asked. "Once our families are involved, everything is gonna be complicated. We should be ready for everything that could possibly come our way. We need to be strong together and that could only happen if we know each other very well. And that, my partner, takes time." I extended my hand to him. He sighed again but finally put his hand in mine. I planted a kiss on his fingers and he smiled. I was becoming good at handling him.

My phone rang. Mishra is getting on my nerves lately. I answered. "Now what Mishra?" I groaned.

"Sir, we have a lead."

"What lead?"

"About the last case sir."

I rolled my eyes. "On my way." I hanged.

"Need to go?" Vansh asked innocently. I really felt sorry for him.

"I'm really really sorry. Usually it's not that invading but we have a serious case."

" You don't have to be apologetic, Kabir. I can understand. It's your work. So go fast and send me a message when you finish."

Could I find someone better than him? "I really don't know what I did to deserve you." I said and got up. I went to him and lowered to kiss him. "But you are the best thing that has happened to me." I said before kissing him.