Chapter 23 (Vansh's POV)

Vansh's pov

"Boss, he's asking for your phone number." Angre came into my room, where I was doing my work. Seven days, they were only seven days, and now I'm full of work. Not even looking up to Angre I extended my hand, so I could get the phone call and see who now wants Vansh Raisinghania's phone number. It's not the first call of the day.

When he hands me the phone, I put it on my ear and say "Hello, Vansh Raisinghania speaking."

I stopped working and leaned a little back on my chair.

"Hello, Vansh Raisinghania. Kabir Sharma speaking." said a very familiar voice sarcastically.

The last time I saw or talked to him was ten days ago, on the cruise, and since then I was trying not to think about him, or when his sof- no his lips touched my cheek. And not to forget when he was flirting with that receptionist or giving his number to that girl he "saved". I don't know why, but when I saw him flirting with them, I didn't like it, something was building up in me, like frustration and something else, which I couldn't put my finger on.

"Umm hello?" he said.

"Sorry Kabir I got lost in my thoughts."

"Well, well what are you thinking about."

You. "Work."

"Oh I see. There must be a lot of work, since you haven't done that for seven days."

"Yes, there is. May I dare ask why you did the honor to call me?" I asked ironically.

"Oh, yeah. So, well... umm... since we are already on the phone... I wanted to meet you."

He wanted to meet me? Anticipation built inside me. And also a little excitement at the thought of meeting him.

"What have I done to have such pleasure?" I asked in a mocking tone, trying not to let my enthusiasm show.

"Come on, Vansh. When can I come meet you? I'll tell you everything once we are face to face."

"Face to face. Are you coming to interrogate me?" I questioned sarcastically, but I was hoping that he would deny it, because I also wanted to meet him... but not as an Inspector and a prime suspect.

"Vansh, I don't have the whole day. Please tell me when I can come and talk to you." he said, getting a little bit angry.

"Calm down, Inspector. Let's see..." I checked my watch and told him "You can come in an hour."

"Okay. I'll be there." and then he cut the phone.

Mmm... that was a little bit strange. What did he want now? Is something wrong? Or is it something very important that couldn't have done on the phone? Or he just wanted to see me? That thought made me smirk. Stop, it Vansh. And focus on your work. I picked up the pen, and started to do what I had to do, again.

After exactly an hour, Angre came in.

"He's here, Boss."

"Let him in." he nodded and went to call him.

I was still sitting when Kabir came in. My heart skipped a beat at the sight of him.

"Hello."

"Hello. Take a seat." I said pointing at an armchair near me. "Well , what did you want to talk about?"

"Vansh, nobody ever taught you to ask a person how they are doing first? You know, good manners." he said, trying to imitate my voice.

Here he is. I really missed him. No, no... missed his behaviour. The way he imitated me, the way he dared me, the way he never got scared by the fact that I had money or a power, the way... okay that's enough.