Chapter 36 (Vansh's POV)

Vansh's pov

Ring ring ring... this was the annoying sound that made me wake up. Who's calling? I knew for sure that wasn't my phone. After a few seconds, I felt Kabir moving. Maybe he reached the bedside table to pick his phone.

"Hello?" he said in a sleepy voice. "What?" he asked, sitting on the bed. "Yeah, okay. I'll be there."

"Who was it?" I asked opening my eyes to look at him.

"Mishra. Duty's calling. I have to go. I don't know about your daily routine. What time do you usually go to work?"

"What time is it?"

"Mmm.. let me check... 6:25."

"What?!? 6:25? This's so early." I took a pillow, turned my back to Kabir, put the pillow on my ears, and tried to fall asleep.

He got up from the bed and possibly went to the bathroom. I don't know how much time passed, when he came to tell me something. He removed the pillow from ear.

"Hey." he said.

I didn't open my eyes. "Mmm?"

"Look, I'm gonna go now. I don't know when you have to wake up, b-"

"Sleep."

He let out a little laugh. "I know you want to sleep now. I was going to say that you have to be careful with the door. I don't have the second pair, because I gave it to my maid, so without the key it opens from the inside, but not outside, that's why before you leave the house take everything with you." he stopped for some seconds and went on. "Oh, don't forget my maid would be here around 10:30-11:00."

"Yeah, yeah. Now go. I need sleep. Sleep."

Before going, he kissed my cheek and said "See you later."

I smiled but didn't say good-bye.

I heard him close the door. That's where sleep invaded my every sense.

Buzz, buzz... the vibration of my phone woke me up. What's going on today? Why is everyone keen on disrupting my sleep?

I tried to find my phone with my hand on the bedside table but didn't find it.

I groaned. Where's my phone now? I opened my eyes, but closed them when the sun hit my eyes. I slowly reopened them, and let them adjust the light. Buzz, buzz, buzz...

I sat on the bed and looked for my phone. The vibration was still going on. When I found it, I turned off my alarm and threw the phone on the bed. "Thank god." It was very annoying. In lieu of getting up from the bed, I let myself lay on the bed. I know, I know, a bad idea. The bed, the pillows and the sheets smelled like Kabir... and I fell asleep.

Suddenly, I woke up.

"Shit, shit, shit. I'm late." I found my phone on the bed, and saw that it was 10:45.

I started getting ready fast, trying to find all my clothes. Once I was done dressing, I was about to go towards the door but it opened. I froze. Who's here now? Kabir didn't tell me he had company in the morning. A middle-aged woman entered the room. She looked at me and she froze too. After some seconds the hell broke.

"Thief! Thief! Thief! Help!" she started to scream.

At first, I was confused, but then when I looked around I realized that she thought I was the thief. So I joined her in the screaming. "No! No! No! I'm not a thief. I'm not a thief! I'm Kabir's friend!" but she wasn't listening. She was running around the house, screaming.