Chapter 10 (Vansh's POV)

Vansh's pov

I was sitting in the bar area, waiting for my drink.

"Good evening, Mr. Prime Suspect." said a familiar voice , that I immediately recognized.

I turned to face him with a smile on my face, expecting him to wear the clothes I bought for him, but my smile was soon off of my face and I was left disappointed. He wasn't wearing the tux I gifted him, but he was wearing a blue tuxedo. It's not like he wasn't looking good in blue, but the one I bought him was matching with the one I was wearing. Still I didn't let my disappointment show on my face and greeted him back "A very good evening to you too, Kabir."

"Nice party, by the way."

"Oh thank you. Hope you'll enjoy it."

"Of course I will. And yeah, this is for you" and handed me a wrapped gift, that I didn't even notice him holding it.

I hesitantly took it, "That really thoughtful of you Kabir." I said with a doubtful smile.

What could have he given me?

"Wanna drink?" I asked.

He was about to answer me but my uncle called me. I excused myself and went where my family was.

"Yes?"

"Where were you? We have been looking for you." Dadi said.

I smiled at her "Dadi I was at the bar talking to a friend."

"Wasn't this supposed to be an only family holiday, bhai?" Ishani asked, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"Yes, it was and it still is. While I was waiting for you guys to come, I was sitting in the bar area, and this friend of mine found me there and he also gave me a present, so I had to thank him." I said showing the gift to them.

Dadi smiled "That's so nice of him. But now you'll be spending time with us."

I gave her a sincere smile "Your wish my command." Everyone laughed at my comment.

We then started to enjoy our party, talking, laughing and dancing.

At some point Ishani was talking, when I got distracted and took a look around the hall, and saw Kabir sitting alone, concentrating on his drink. I had to fight back the urge to go and talk to him, to irritate him, but I couldn't because I had promised my family that I was going to dedicate my whole time to them.

After some time, I saw him exiting the room and heading toward one of the doors that lead to a balcony.

It was my party, so it was my duty to see if the invited people were enjoying themselves. I excused myself from my family and started to go in the direction Kabir went. I was heading towards the door, when I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Sorry." said the girl, and I recognized her from our encounter today.

"What are you doing here without an invitation? Who let you in?" I asked, irritated by the presence of this girl. It's not like I'm judging her, but I didn't like her, because Angre still didn't give me any information about her.

"I am invited. Sia invited me." She answered angrily. "And, please, talk to me with respect."

I ignored her and went outside, and saw his back facing me.

"You didn't like the party."

"Yeah, got bored, being alone, " he turned his head and stared at me with a smile "and you never came back to irritate me."

I smiled at his comment. I went closer to him, and smelt alcohol. Oh, that's why he was smiling.

"I promised my family, that I would spend my time with them." I don't know why I was justifying to him, but I felt the need to explain to him why I wasn't there with him.

"I know. I saw you with your family enjoying the party. I didn't expect you to be... like this." I raised my eyebrow as in to ask him what he meant by that.

"Like... a person who had a soft spot for his family. But I liked it. I liked watching you smiling. Smiling, and not having that stupid smirk you give me. God, how I hate that smirk. I want to take it off of your face."

I smiled, with a genuine smile. I liked the Inspector Kabir, but I liked the drunk Kabir more.

Please VOTE, share and comment your opinions and questions.                                                     Lots of love, Maya.