Chapter 24

Kabir's pov

So finally here is the day. Vansh will spend the whole Friday with me. And yesterday, as promised, I sent him my address and he should be here in a half an hour, but I'm sure that he'll be 10 or 15 minutes earlier.

Last Wednesday was not supposed to go like that. Actually I was trying to get Vansh because I had some questions about the Neha murder. And wanted to talk to him, so I called him to ask when I could come. He seemed enthusiastic about the idea to meet me and asked if I was going to interrogate him. And that affirmation made me feel guilty. The fat was already on the fire so went to meet him anyway. But once I was in front of him, all my thoughts vanished and nothing came to my mind and when he asked if I was there as a friend or as an Inspector, I didn't know why, my heart skipped a heartbeat. There was a hope in his eyes that I didn't want to go away. And when I said that I was there as a friend, his face lightened up as a little boy on Christmas.

So I ended up asking him when he was free. Let's just hope I'll be able pull my questions today.

I heard a car outside my house and went to check the window from the kitchen. Then I looked at the clock on the wall. I was surely right. He was there 10 minutes earlier.

He was about to ring the bell when I opened the door. I was shocked at first. Oh my dear God he cannot be Vansh.

"Yes? How can I help you, little champ?" I joked.

He sighed and faked a smile. "Very funny, Uncle."

I couldn't stop laughing. What happened to him? I slowly calm down. "Come in boy, I'll get you some candies." I bursted again laughing.

He entered and looked around. I, in the meanwhile, checked him out. He was wearing a white t-shirt under a dark green denim jacket, blue Calvin Klein jeans combined with Stan Smiths. Even though I asked him to wear normal clothes and they were far, far away from the normal word in itself, that wasn't the funniest. I was laughing because he shaved his beard completely and totally. And was looking way younger than I thought.

"So....Good morning, Vansh." I said politely.

"Good morning to you too, Kabir. How are you?" he emphasized the question.

I laughed a little as he was following my instruction. "I'm just proud of my very new pupil, you?"

"Happy to have a great teacher."

I nodded toward the sofa. "Please, take a seat. The breakfast is ready in 10 minutes."

I went into the kitchen and prepared the table and invited Vansh.

He sat and frowned.

"What's wrong?" I checked around if something was wrong.

"Um... Where are the napkins?"

Okay. "See kid, I'm a very normal person, and normally we don't use napkins at breakfast."

He did breakfast as a spoiled brat, tasting things at first and making faces while testing or not talking at all while eating. I ignored them all because it was going to go like this all day.

" So Vansh, how old exactly are you? "

" I'm 28 years old and I look younger with no beard and as this was supposed to be a day without my guards, Angre thought it was risky so he suggested shaving so no one was going to recognize me."

" Hey, I'll be there for you and not to forget I'm a cop. People usually ask for our protection when they feel in danger and you're not feeling safe with an Inspector? "