Chapter 27

Kabir's pov

I'm not at all good at bowling. I knew I was going to lose. But you know the best part of it, that I won even though I lost. I won another day with Vansh! So today is not our last day together!

I happily returned home with Vansh. We jumped on the sofa like two exhausted kids after playing cricket for the entire day. Not that we haven't played anything, bowling is not a tough game but two hours of it worn us out.

"Want some water?" I got up to get some for me.

"Yeah thanks." he said lazily.

I bought two glasses and the water bottle. "Here."

He drank it all in a sip. He paused for a sec and breath heavily. "I should call my driver."

"What? Are you mad?" I didn't want him to leave. "You're supposed to spend the whole day with me. And my day finishes at 11 at night. So you'll be here for another four hours I guess."

"Alright. But at least let me inform my family that I won't be there for dinner."

"Absolutely."

He got up and looked around to find out where he could go to do the phone call.

"Hmm... I need to get change." I left the room to put my night clothes on.

I really enjoyed myself with Vansh today. He was so...nice and cute. I will definitely miss him but the thought of spending another day with him entertains my heart. I felt something in my stomach at the idea of him with me. I thought it's because I was hungry, but deep down I knew that hunger never tickles you, and I was not ready to admit the second reason.

When I came out, I found Vansh looking at the picture on the wall. "My mom."

He jumped a little, he was so lost in watching the frames. "You live with your mother?"

"Kinda."

He did a What-do-you-mean face and waited for me to continue.

"She has to travel a lot because of her work. Actually, she always travels, once or twice a month she comes here. So I can't say she doesn't live here and I can't either say she lives here. Oh God, it's a paradox." I didn't realize it until now that it's like a figure of speech.

" And you're okay with it? "

" At first it was strange but work is work. And stay very busy with my own work that didn't notice anymore, honestly speaking. " that was true. I used to miss her, also now sometimes I feel the need to be with her but we can't do anything about it. I call her everyday and when I can't she calls. I know she loves me as she knows I love her.

"She is lucky to have you then." he smiled.

"For sure and I am lucky to have her." I smile back. "Wanna eat pizza?"

We ordered pizza and while we watched the TV.

"I usually don't watch much news once I'm home, because that is what I hear all day at the police station. So either I watch some documentary or Discovery Channel or if my mom is around she makes me watch her daily soap serials, which I must say are addictive."

" I think a movie is great. " he suggested

" Perfect. So tell me what movie you want to watch? " I showed him the list on Prime.

After debating for like half an hour we finalized Gulabo Sitabo and the pizzas arrived just on time.

While watching the movie the real reason for which I went to Vansh's office came to my mind.