Chapter 11 (Vansh's POV)

Vansh's pov

"Did you see your gift?" He asked, a little too excited.

"No, I forgot about it. I'll see it later." I said truthfully. I was so busy spending time with my family, that I forgot the gift. He did a pouty frown. "Tell me why did you give me a gift?" I quickly added, not liking him frowning.

He had an evil smile while he tried to imitate my voice "Because I'm very thoughtful." "What's inside the box?"

"Nuh, nuh." he voiced and while shaking his head he lost his footing and was about to fall, but I caught him.

"Be careful, Kabir."

He got up and looked straight in my eyes. My hands were still on his waist.

"Why did you kill her?" he asked sadly. He was about to break free from my grasp, but I held him tighter and pulled him closer. My heart did a flip on our closeness. His head was leaning against my shoulder. I stayed there for two minutes, holding him in my arms.

"I didn't kill her. It was an accident." I paused and neared his ear and whispered "So, Kabir, stop wasting your time on me. It's not worth it.". But he didn't move, therefore I checked on him and found him passed out. I sighed. Couldn't he wait a little bit before passing out?

I tried to steady him a little, but it was of no use. I had to drag him all the way from the hall where the party was to his room. And for the whole time, he didn't even move a little. How much did he drink? I'm more than sure that he'll have a hangover. I made a note to tell the crew staff to bring him a glass of lemon water and some advils before he wakes up in the morning.

I entered his room, turned on the light, laid him on his bed, and took off his shoes. Look what a stupid cop made Vansh Raisinghania do! I smiled at the thought. Before getting out of the room, I switched off his light and then closed his room's door.

After that, I went back into the hall and saw my family laughing and talking. I walked over and saw Dadi a little tired.

"Are you tired, Dadi?"

"Yes, a little."

"Come on guys. We should call it a night and go back to our rooms." They agreed, because everyone was tired by the long day we had.

Before following them, I noticed the gift that Kabir gave me. I picked it up and headed towards my room. Once I entered the room, I closed the room and sat down on my bed. I politely unwrapped the gift, excited.

I opened the box and was left speechless. There was the tux I gifted to Kabir, but it wasn't all. Instead of the white shirt that was matched with the tux, there was a prisoner's t-shirt and a pair of handcuffs. I laughed at this. I laughed. So, this is what meant him being thoughtful? Oh, God, this Inspector. He is so confident that I'm the one who killed her colleague, that he's already dreaming about me behind the bars. I shook my head and went to have a relaxing and warm bath.

After dressing for bed, I went to sleep with a smile on my face. What is this Inspector doing to me? To Vansh Raisinghania?

Author's Note: I want to inform you guys that I have changed my Instagram account name. It's @kava_fanfiction now. You'll find the updates of this story. And I want to ask you one thing: do you like more the collage I make of Kabir and Vansh or just the simple photo of Vansh or Kabir depending on the chapter's POV?                                                                               Please VOTE, share and comment your opinions.                                                                                   Lots of love, Maya.