Chapter 41

Kabir's pov

I was getting used to finding a car parked in front of my house. Most of the time Vansh was there waiting for me. But today there were two cars instead of just one. I wondered if Vansh was planning something because I personally never know what's going in that intelligent mind of his. So without giving further thought I opened my door. What I saw was not something I expected. My blood raced in my veins and my brain became numb from the shocking sight. In the middle of my living room there was Vansh standing and his gaze met mine. I then dared to look at the second person in front of my secret boyfriend. Oh sorry my poor secret boyfriend. My MOM. Yes! My mom was back and she met Vansh. 

"Here he is." She almost ran toward me and took me in a warm hug. She seemed relaxed. I looked toward Vansh and he winked at me. It meant everything was under control. I released my breath. Thank God. I didn't want to come out by presenting my boyfriend to my mom. Can you imagine what a mess it will be? "How are you, my boy? And look how handsome you are becoming day by day." she took a step back and captured my face in her hands. "Look at you!"

"Oh stop it mom! I am not a boy anymore. I am a grown up man. And... weren't you supposed to come next month?" I looked over her shoulder to see Vansh. 

"Yes, I was. But I missed you a lot and couldn't resist visiting you. You're not happy?" 

"I am very happy. Or I say I am surprised and happy." I kissed her on the cheek.

"Oh that's my boy. But I was also surprised to find this young boy here." she gestured to Vansh. 

I was having issues to find the right word to describe my very good looking lover. Is that what he is to me? A lover? We never said anything openly but we knew how much we liked each other. 

Vansh noticed my discomfort and said: "I just came to look if I left anything here and was about to leave when she entered so I explained that I was your friend to whom you offered a room to stay." Yup the same story he narrated to my maid. I just nodded. 

"It's a good thing that Kabir had someone. I am always out of town and I always worry if he is alright. And now knowing that you might share your place with someone brings me a little relief. Are you going to stay right?" She looked thrilled.

"Umm... not tonight but as soon as I am done with some formalities I may ask Kabir to rent me his sofa." he joked. 

"Not at all. You are not allowed on the sofa. We have penalties for empty rooms here."

"Okay. I'll let Kabir know about it."

"Very good son. Oh sorry. How stupid I am. I never asked you your name." she politely rubbed Vansh's arm.

"I am Vansh Rai..." he was interrupted by my mom's phone ringtone. 

"Excuse me boys. I must take this one. I 'll see you later." and she went into her room. 

I went to Vansh and when we were face-to-face I stopped. "So my lovely friend, are you ready to move in?" 

"Kabir back off." He warned me. "Your mom is in the other room and you are not anywhere getting near me." 

I tried to fake it seriously. "Why? What's wrong Vansh? What did I do?"

He checked my mom's door but I knew better that she wasn't going to come out soon. When she came to visit me she had to explain some stuff to her staff so she took her time and everything she needed was already in the room.  Vansh eyes came back to me. "She is in the room and she can come out anytime, so please Kabir, behave. I don't want to shock her or... anticipate the facts." he took a step back.