Chapter 49 (Vansh's pov)

Vansh's pov

The sunlight made me stir on the bed. I groaned in frustration. I slowly started to open my eyes, trying to put a point on focus. After many tries, I was finally able to open my eyes. From the look out of the window, it was still early in the morning. I turned to my left when I felt the person I love snuggle into me more than he already was. It was the best sight that a man can look at after waking up. Kabir was cuddled up on my side, sleeping peacefully.

"Don't stare at me like that. It's creepy." he said with a drowsy voice.

I huffed, and kissed him on the forehead. "I can look at you any way I want to because you're mine."

"Mmmmm. Cheesy." he groaned, kissing my neck. I smiled. "What time is it?" he asked.

I turned a little bit to look at the alarm clock on his nightstand. "7:30. Do you have to go to work?"

"No, it's my day off today."

"Well, then I picked the best day to meet you."

"You kinda did. Don't you have to work?"

"My only task for today is to stay like this with you for the whole day." As soon as this sentence left my mouth, Kabir quickly sat up straight, which caused me to sit up with him with my left hand on his bare back and my right hand on his naked thigh. "What's wrong, Inspector?"

"I totally forgot about this. You didn't let me ask you this yesterday." I raised my eyebrow. "Yesterday you told me that you left the underworld, right? And you said that you started a new tiny business. What is this business about? What are you doing? And don't even try to sell it to me again saying it's a tiny business. Nothing in Vansh Raisinghania's world is tiny."

I smirked. "You know me so well, Inspector."

"Don't try to change the subject to something else."

I sighed. "Isn't it enough for you to know that I'm not in that kind of business anymore?" Now it was his turn to raise his eyebrow. "Fine, I'll tell you. But first you have to give a morning kiss." He rolled his eyes, yet leaned to kiss me. He was going to kiss me on the lips, but ended up kissing on my cheek.

"This is all you get, till you don't tell me what you're doing."

"Come on, Kabir. Just one morning kiss." He shook his head. I sighed again and started to tell him the story. "So, it was some years ago that I began to think about leaving that world. When you came, the idea became even stronger. The day I received your letter, I decided that it wasn't really worth it if it kept away from you. That's why I started to cut my contacts with those people and the money that I had I invested it on my own teeny-tiny business. And that business is..." I stopped talking, just to tease him.

"Is..."

"I think I told you enough for the kiss you gave."

"Seriously?" I nodded. "You're annoying, you know that right?"

"You're the first one to tell me that, but I believe you."

He shook his head again smiling, and came closer to me to kiss me. I leaned a little bit too, and we gave each other a peck on the lips. "Happy?"

"Mmm, not fully satisfied, but it's enough to put an end to your misery. I opened some clothes shops, on Ishani's advice, she told me that she can manage fashion shops, so I did what she wanted me to. They are a little all over Maharashtra and here. And I started a little finance service business. That's it. See? It's nothing special."

"How many shops did you open?"

"10? 20? Something like that. I don't know, she's the one managing them."

"You know that 20 is the double of 10, right?"

"It doesn't matter, until I'm profiting some money over it and my sister's happy, I'm fine with that."

"And what about the finance service business?"

"I made an association with a bank, and my work is to tell people how they should invest their money, or how and which loans to take, and so on."

"You tell them?"

"No, the people who work for me do." He nodded his head in agreement. "Are you happy now, sweetheart?"

"Sweetheart? Really? That's what you got?"

"Hey, I just wanted to be romantic, but since you didn't like it..."

I grabbed both his shoulders and pushed him on the bed and came on top of him. I bent in and started to trail small kisses from his jawline all over his neck to his chest.

"Vansh, I have to take a shower."

"Can't you see? I'm busy." I said, starting to kiss on his left shoulder.

"Vansh, if you let me go right now, the first thing I do after having a shower is buying condoms and everything that we need."

I stopped. We really need them. But I'm not letting him go this easily. "Come then, let's take a shower." I got off of him and pulled him up. "Get up. You have to do very important things."

"I'm not taking a shower with you."

"Yes, you are, because we have to save water." I said, still pulling him towards the bathroom.

He groaned. "You're annoying."

"You've already said that."

"I hate you."

"False. You love me." I turned to look at him.

He smiled and said "I really don't know why." We both burst out laughing.

That was all I wanted in my life. To wake up everyday with him by my side, to smile, laugh with him, tease him and stay with him forever. 

Please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.