Chapter 1

Kabir's pov

(I want to tell you guys that in my book Vansh and Kabir don't know each other personally like in the TV programm. And I want to warn you that the story is slightly different from the original one.)

I see her falling from the building's roof. I ran towards her knowing that I couldn't help her, because she was already on the ground covered in blood. I ran faster to get to her, and when I reached her, she was still breathing.

"Neha. Neha." I called out for her. "What happened? Who did this to you?" I asked.

She raised her shaking hand and pointed toward the building's top floor.

I turned my head back and saw a shadow watching us, I then brought my attention back to my colleague whose hand was now on the ground, she had her eyes closed and couldn't feel her breathing. I brought my fingers under her nose to check if she was breathing. Nothing. I then checked her pulse. Nothing.

"Shit." I cursed. I took a look around and saw nothing. I gazed on more time toward the top of the building and didn't see the shadow.

I got up and ran toward the entrance of the building to get to the top floor. While I was running I bumped into someone, "I'm sorry" I said hurriedly, not even paying attention to whom I slammed into, but I noticed he was wearing a black coat.

I kept running and entered the edifice heading towards the lift.

I clicked the button to call the lift but it was taking so much time so I sprinted the way where the stairs were and started climbing them. I reached the top, panting and didn't find anyone on the stairs.

And then it clicked.

Maybe it was the man I crashed into.

I turned back and went straight to the exit and saw a man in a black coat getting out in a blue Jaguar.

I raced to my motorcycle and started to follow him. He was quite far but I could see the car. I kept following him, but at a crossroad I lost sight of him. I wasn't sure where to go, but eventually decided to turn left.

I increased the speed and finally spotted the stunning car

I increased the speed and finally spotted the stunning car. After some time I noticed where he was going. It was not the way to the city or the suburbs of the city, but it was leading me towards an unknown route. Nevertheless I kept following.

The road started to have many curves. The car disappeared but I kept going on.

After a few minutes I saw the car parked in an empty spot. I parked my motorcycle as well, I took out my gun and went slowly in the direction of the vehicle. When I approached it, I found no one.

I started to take a look around to see if he was nearby, and saw a shadow moving. I slowly walked where I saw the person moving, with my gun pointed at that direction, and found him standing there, waiting for me.