Chapter 29

Kabir's pov

I looked up at the clock. It was 1 p.m. I should get some food, but there is some work pending. The whole team was working on a new case and that made us all busy that we lost the time.

"Guys, it's time to have a lunch break. So relax your mind for a while."

Everyone got up and went out to eat. We have a tiny dhaba near the police station where almost all of us go, beside the ones who had their lunch with them. Lucky them to have some homemade food.

The sun hit my eyes, I struggled to keep my eyes open. I notice a familiar face, a little hidden and far from the entrance. I hadn't spoken to him since three days. But I couldn't ignore him, so I went toward him.

He was again wearing some expensive normal clothes, so it was hard for anyone to recognize him.

I reached him, but didn't talk. What was he expecting? To accuse me and me to be good with it? Sad but I wasn't there to get accused happily by a rich, spoiled guy, who thinks that people are around him just because they want something.

He finally got that I wasn't going to speak so he started: "I think we need to talk."

I gave him a look. No, we don't need to talk. I mentally said.

He pulled his right hand from behind. There were two boxes on his hand.

"Are you trying to bribe me?" I asked angrily.

"No! No, it's... it's a sorry gift."

I looked at the pizza boxes and tried hard not to smile.

"If this is your way to ask sorry, then" I point at the boxes "you should make mistakes more oftenly."

"Or you should just ask me to get you some pizza."

We got in my office because Vansh wanted to talk and it couldn't be done with my colleagues around. So the best place was my office. Vansh took my chair like it was his office. "This is my office by the way." he frowned. "Just reminding you, you know, in case you forgot."

"Oh yeah, like I care whose office is this. And just to remind you I don't sit on the other side of the table. I'm always the boss, it doesn't matter where and when." he flaunted.

"All right, I don't have the energy to come out with a line." I sit on the chair and begin to eat.

He become serious. "I really didn't mean to hurt you that night. I was just trying to...I don't know. I wanted to hear from you that we were actually friends like you wanted to know the truth."

"So..." I tried to suggest the exact word.

"So?" he asked, all confused.

"You know there are these three magical words for that."

He thought about that. "Don't you think that is a little too earlier to confess my love, Inspector? Like we should wait, people need time to accept a mafia and an Officer together."

My eyes widen. He got me wrong! "What? No!" I got up quickly. "I meant you to say 'I am sorry' you perv."

He laughed and I joined him. "I'm Vansh Raisinghania,for your kind information, I don't ask sorry." I shook my head to myself. I fool enough to think that he will apologize.

"Mr. Vansh Raisinghania, are you going to eat the pizza or it is for me only?"

"I'm good, it's just for you." he smiled.

"Hey, I don't like eating alone. Please have some." I put a piece in his mouth. And like this we spend the next hour.

Someone knocked on our door. "Come in." I said out of habit, then realized I wasn't alone. Me and Vansh looked at each other with our eyes out of sockets.

Mishra entered. " Sir came here to give..." he saw Vansh. Oh my dear God! He is going to recognize him and will ask a lot of questions. He turned to me, shocked or scared, I couldn't say.

Then he turned again to Vansh. "Hello." he smiled. What? He gave me the file. "Sir, I need your signature here." I was puzzled. Did he realise who is sitting in front of us or not? I signed the papers.

He was about to go when he gazed at Vansh. "Do we know each other? I have seen you somewhere."

Thank God! "He is a friend of mine, Mishra." Vansh gave him a nervous smile. "We are talking about some stuff, I'll be back soon, okay?"

"Yes, sir." he turned on his heels and exited. We both sighed in relief.

"Sorry, I didn't...it was spontaneous." I said.

"It's okay, I should go though." he got up. "And if it is okay with you, you can come over on Saturday."

"Oh wait." I pulled my phone out of my pocket. "Let me ask my secretary if I have an appointment." I joked. "And please don't mind if you get, like, two thousand emails and notifications, because you know, it's my calendar." I imitate his lines. We both laughed out loud.

I accompanied him until his car. "Okay then see you on Saturday." I said.

He nodded and... hugged me. He hugged me! I can't believe it. I tensed for a while but then relaxed myself. I can hear his heartbeat on my chest. And I was sure he could feel the same, as my heart was going all crazy. I inhaled is profume, I can smell cologne on his neck. It took all my strength to stop myself from not licking it or kissing it. We finally aparted away and I wasn't able to see in his eyes, because of my dirty thoughts.

"See you then." he said. He pulled his car out of the parking lot and left me there, with desire written all over me. I really hate him for this.

Author's Note:                                                                                                                                                       Please VOTE, SHARE, and COMMENT your opinions. They are very important for me, because they help me to know if you are liking how the story is going.                                       Lots of love, Maya. 🥰❤️️❤️️