Forty-Eight

6 years later—July 17, 2031

Megan
I made my way upstairs going to Jaxson room to get him up to eat breakfast Dahiana and Dahlia are already up Jaxson is the only one that's still sleeping. I walked in Jaxson room seeing his bed made up I then walked into his closet seeing him throwing clothes in a box.

"What are you doing with those clothes?"

"I want to give them away to some one who need them since I can't wear them anymore."

"You can do that later breakfast is ready."

"You cooked?"

"I'm the only parent here."

"When is dad coming back I miss him?"

"In a few days."

"Okay."

Me and Jaxson walked out of his closet and out of his room heading downstairs. In January Jaceyon left to go film his movie that he's working on in Colorado so it's just been me and the kids for the past few months. I talked to Jaceyon last night after the kids talked to him and he told me that they'll be wrapping up production in a few days and he'll finally be home.

"Mama can we get in the pool today?"

"Yeah."

Dahiana nodded I got Jaxson a plate down and I fixed his food.

"Can we get a dog mama?"

"Dos and Foe isn't enough for y'all?"

Dahlia shook her head.

"No."

"But-," I cut her off.

"But nothing the answer is no."

Dahlia rolled her eyes and I raised my eyebrow. I sat Jaxson plate in front of him he thanked me and started eating.

"Roll em get Ima knock em right out your head."

Dahlia mumbled something under her breath.

"What you said? Speak up I can't hear you."

"I didn't say anything."

"Nah you said something so I want you to repeat yourself so I can hear you."

Dahlia remained quiet.

"I don't know what your problem is little girl but I'm not one of your lil friends so don't be trying me like I'm one of them I'm your mama."

"Yes ma'am."

"Where Dos and Foe at?"

"In the living room."

I nodded and fixed their food and water then I called them in the kitchen. They came running in and they got started on eating. I fixed my plate then looked at Dahlia.

"Lia what's wrong?"

She shook her head.

"Kali what's wrong?"

"Ima let it go for now but after breakfast we're talking."

Dahlia didn't say anything she just continued eating.

After we finished eating I cleaned off everyone plates and put them in the dishwasher then I wiped down the countertop.

"DADDY," I heard Dahlia yell.

I furrowed my eyebrows and walked out of the kitchen.

"Hey beautiful."

"Hey."