Ten

The next morning

Jaceyon
I woke up and took a shower and did my hygiene when I walked out of the bathroom Megan was still sleep so I had made my way down the stairs to cook breakfast. Everything is done besides the biscuits. I made my way back upstairs to my room still seeing Megan sleep. I walked over to my bed and shook her slightly.

"No more," Megan whined.

"Nah love I cooked breakfast."

Megan turned her face towards me and squinted her eyes.

"You cooked?"

"Yeah."

"No you didn't."

"Yes I did."

"Ion believe it."

"Gotta come down stairs to see it ma and I actually love to cook and I learned from my mama and grandma."

"Do you have an extra toothbrush."

"Yeah I got a robe and toothbrush set up in the bathroom for you."

"Okay thank you."

"You're welcome."

I stood up then I picked Megan up and carried her to the bathroom I sat her on her feet.

"Take a shower, wash your face, brush your teeth then meet me downstairs for breakfast."

"Okay."

I pecked Megan lips then I made my way down the stairs just as I was about to go into the kitchen the doorbell rung I furrowed my eyebrows and walked over to the door. I looked out the peephole seeing my lil sister Janiyah I unlocked my door.

"Hey Jayce."

"Hey Niyah. What are you doing here?"

"I need your help."

"With?"

"My car is in the shop."

"What did you do?"

"Nothing it was Tony he wrecked my car and if mama finds out she's going to kill me."

"You talking about the lil drug dealer boyfriend mama told me about," I asked.

"Yes and Ive been calling him and he hasn't been answering."

"How much are you short?"

"$5,000 are you going to give it to me," Janiyah asked.

"Nope you're going to call your boyfriend until he picks up or you're going to pay for it yourself I know your banking account is sitting pretty."

"Jayce you're my big brother."

"Oh I know but I also told you about your lil boyfriend once I found out about him and you didn't listen to me so now you gotta figure this out on your own so go on back to Houston and tell mama what happened."

Janiyah smacked her teeth and turned back towards her Uber I closed and locked the door I then walked into the kitchen and over to the oven seeing the biscuits was done I turned the oven then I grabbed the oven mitts and took the biscuits out of the oven and sat them on the counter. I grabbed myself and Megan a plate and started fixing the plates.

"It smells good in here."

"The food is going to taste good as well."

"I'll have to see for myself. What did you cook?"

"Grits, eggs, bacon and homemade biscuits."

Megan nodded.

"Ion think you're ready for what I also cook for breakfast."