Chapter 13

After the engagement ceremony:

I was sitting in my balcony still in the same gown removing my jewellery and letting my hair loose. I was looking at the beautiful sky with twinkling stars ... which are making the sky even more beautiful. The cool breeze touching my cheeks and making my hairs blow in its own rhydm.

I looked at the ring and a thin line formed on my lips out of confusion whether I should be happy that I am engaged and getting married tomorrow or I should be sad that whatever happening it's just a temporary thing which will be lasting only for one year.

Yesterday I was sitting in the same balcony thinking about the conversation between Maa Baba that happened when they were back to home. That was the first time in my life when I felt Maa Baba being so helpless.

Flashback ( yesterday evening )

Yesterday when I came back home after meeting Raghav I asked Radha didi about Maa Baba..she said they seemed tensed ... so I decided to talk to them and instead of going to my room I went to their room but again I heard them talking

Baba: This is the biggest mistake of my life.

Maa: You were not knowing the truth that's why you misunderstood him..

Baba: I completely misunderstood him . We were childhood buddies but then too I misunderstood him for many years... before knowing the truth I accused him for something he had not even done...I am such a fool .. I can never forgive myself for this.

Maa: Don't blame yourself ...all the circumstances that time were very complicated .. everything happened within a blink of an eye that no one was able to digest that was happened.

Baba: As a friend it was my duty to stand with him .. support him in that situation..he needed me..and what I did...I just accused him ..broke friendship with him ....but still he never questioned me about anything ...and what about Arjun..he was a small 5yr kid at that time ..at such a small age he has gone through the hell... I am the one who is responsible for all this..and I want to pay back him for this or else... neither I I'll be able to face myself nor I can forgive myself for the whole life.

Maa : I can understand your pain and also the concern for Arjun.. I know you are feeling so helpless because you are not even allowed to tell the truth to Arjun as your friend asked you to promise that you'll never tell the truth to Arjun.

Baba: For the first time in our friendship he has asked me for something. I wholeheartedly wanna give it to him and make things better... this is the only way to compensate my mistakes.

Maa: Don't worry .... together we'll make things better for sure.

Baba: Sona manegi na??

Maa: Jaroor manegi .

I couldn't control my tears which were about to flow at any moment of time and ran to my room and locked the door. That was the first time when I saw Baba being so helpless .. I can't see him in that condition.. I wanna help him at any cost...

I sat in the balcony till the dinner time and finally took the decision ....if marrying Arjun is the only way to help Baba and make him feel relieved out of any guilt then I am ready to marry Arjun... even if I don't like Arjun then too I'll marry him.

Flashback end

Today in the morning when Arjun told me that we'll get married only for one year I was numbed...that was really unexpected ...anyhow I managed to digest what he said and picked the glass of water... gulping the water I had only Baba's words in my mind..."this is the only way to compensate my mistake or else ... I can never forgive myself"...I will never let my Baba down... So I agreed and said yes .. I knew that I have taken a stupid decision but at that time I didn't find any other way....I didn't even think about the future consequences ... what's gonna happen after the one year... only thing that matters to me is my Baba's happiness and his happiness is based on this marriage... anf if Arjun wants a marriage only for one year I am ready for that too...