Chapter 6

Sonal's POV:

We reached home. Before entering I told Kartik not to talk about this matter in front of Maa.

We entered the house. Maa was watching TV sitting on the sofa.
"Aagaye tum Dono" we both gave her a  smile assuring her to be normal. "What happened to you both?? Why you looked so tensed??"

(God mothers are really some kind of detectives ..how do they come to know that something is wrong with their kids ...do they know face reading🤔🤔)

Kartik answered "it's nothing like that Badi Maa, we both are just tired"

"Ha Maa we are very tired today" I added

" And you know what I am starving Badi Maa. Just look at my dummy its completely empty" placing hands on his stomach he said in a childish way.

" Aww Mera Baccha" pinching both his cheeks Maa said in a very cute way.

" Go and fresh up. The dinner is ready ... I'll serve it". Maa went in the kitchen.

"You should get an award for your outstanding acting" I teased Kartik.

"Go and fresh up first Di" . I nodded yes.

I came to my room... dropped my things on bed and entered  washroom. I splashed water on my face and looked into the mirror " just relax Sona..we don't have the complete information so don't get into  a conclusion.. Ok" saying this to myself I took a deep breath.

(Yes I have a habit of talking to myself.... and I feel that's a good habit)

Without changing my clothes I came back to dining area. Kartik was sitting in the chair busy with his phone. I sat next to Kartik. Maa was serving food.
"How many times should I tell you  Kartik .... don't use phone while eating"

" Badi Maa I am calling Dada. He said he'll give me a call after finishing his work. It's already late now and he's not even answering my call "

" He might be busy then. Half hour back he called me and said he'll be late.. so don't worry.. finish your food first"

"Hmm" he nodded and we started having our food silently.

"Pakka is everything OK Sona?? Silently you are having your food without even talking?? Maa asked in a mocking way.

" Maa aap hi bolte ho na ki khana khate vakt baat nhi Karte aur ab aap hi bol rahe ho ki chup kyu hai" my voice was a little high. Kartik gave me a look then I realized that I spoke in a bad way. Immediately I apologized, looking at Maa I said " Sorry Maa I didn't mean to hurt you.. I am just very tired and I am feeling very Sleepy. I am really sorry Maa" I did a mistake ....I shouldn't have spoken in this way.

Placing her hand on my head Maa said " It's Ok Sona... I can understand. After finishing food go to bed as early as possible.. Ok"

"Ji Maa" I gave her a smile.

Meanwhile Baba came and without even looking at us he was straight away going to his room..like he was lost in his thoughts.

"Dada how did you come back?? You said you'll give me a call and why were you not answering my call??"

Dada is still standing there only. He didn't come to us..is he trying to ignore us??

"Ha.. vo..Arr...mm..my friend dropped me and my phone was on silent mode" Dada answered in a hesitating way.

"Baba come... let's have dinner"

" No bachche I had dinner with my friend..you guys carry on"

Baba is trying to show himself as he is ok but I know he is not. Its clear that he is tensed

"Kartik achese Ghar Jana"

"Ji Dada"

Baba went to the room. Maa joined us for dinner. We finished our food . Maa too went to the room. Kartik was also leaving. I went to the gate to send him off.

"Good night Di"

"Good night" I replied.

We both parted ways but then suddenly Kartik called me "Di". I turned back and before I could speak something Kartik hugged me.

Caressing my head with his hand he said "Don't worry Di .. everything will be fine ...and I am always with you... Ok"

I hugged him back and nodded a yes. After few seconds we  broke the hug .

" Message me once you reach"

" Ha Di"

Kartik left. Later I went to the kitchen to make turmeric milk for Baba because I know he lied about having dinner with his friend. And the friend is non other than Arjun. I know Arjun only dropped Baba.

I made milk and went to Maa Baba's room. The door was slightly opened. I heard Maa's voice "Arjun is a nice guy".

I thought I should not disturb them
But I wanted to know what they are talking so I stood at the door and listened their conversation.

Maa: Arjun is a nice guy. What's wrong if they get married??

Baba: There's no doubt about Arjun. And definitely it would have been a good proposal for both of them but without that condition. Now it has become so complicated that they are being forced to get married only because of that condition. I don't want any one of them to suffer because of all this and I won't let it happen.

Maa: Why are you taking it in a complete negative way?? Think about the positive side once. Both are kids are very matured. Arjun is such a nice guy and I have a gut feeling that he is the one for Sona. May be its a God sign to bring them together and the  condition is just an excuse for it or may be they are destined to be together. And  when two people are meant to be together, they will be together . Nothing can keep them apart. It's fate. We'll talk to them tomorrow and you should sleep now.

I was still standing at the door with  mixed feelings and suddenly Maa opened the door " when did you come??"

"I came just now . I was about to knock and you opened the door"

"Get in"

I entered the room. " Baba have this first"

"But I already had dinner Sona ...why you brought this??"

"Because I know you need this"

He held my hand and made me sit on the bed "How do you know I need this??"

I took both his hands in mine said "because you are my Baba and I know each and everything about you"

"Acha" Baba questioned

"Ha" I replied

Baba gave me big smile . This is the smile I was waiting for. I don't want baba to get worried about anything.
"Finish it and sleep well... good night Baba"

He kissed my hands " Good night Mera baccha"

I came back to my room ,took my night clothes from wardrobe and entered the washroom. I needed a shower very badly. I stood under the shower for relaxation but still I was thinking about the same matter. I took a long shower.. dressed in my night clothes I came out of the washroom. I blow dried my hair...took my phone and laid on the bed and messaged Raghav "wanna meet you tomorrow urgently"
Raghav replied "Ok. At lunch 2pm"

Placing my phone aside I closed my eyes trying to sleep but Maa's words are hitting my mind again and again
"when two people are meant to be together, they will be together . Nothing can keep them apart. It's fate"

Arjun and Sonal are meant to be together??🤔🤔

Are they destined to be together??🤔🤔