Chapter 34

Thank you for your lovely votes and comments on the previous chapter❤️

Author's POV:

"Ok I'll divorce her and marry you"

The moment she heard those hurtful words from him...her heart sank deep and her eyes filled with tears.

Her breath hitched in her throat and her feet froze to the ground. She couldn't believe what she heard.

She didn't dare to stand there anymore as she was scared that he would speak even more painful words that her heart couldn't survive.

Quickly she ran to her room ranting one thing to herself that it must be a dream and nothing else.

Sitting on the bed she held her head between her palms and kept ranting the same thing again "no... it's not true... it's not true"

Tears were rolling down continuously from her eyes leaving stains on her cheeks. Her mind lost the ability to think.

She thought love is cruel. She had gone so far in this one-sided love. She had completely fallen for him and  began dreaming of a happy life with him.... making and cherishing many more beautiful memories with him and betrayal at this phase was something that her heart couldn't endure.

She was clouded over by fear...doubt... uncertainty. How can he give up on their relationship so easily?? How can he give up on her?? Was he the same Arjun who almost confessed his feeling last night?? Is he cheating on her?? Everything that happened between was it false?? Was his love  fake??

************************************

A few minutes before :

As Deepali was recovering, Arjun thought it would be better to make her understand the things before the never fulfilling emotions develop within her again.

He made her sit on the bed and holding her hands he explained to her "Deepali Listen carefully....you are matured girl...at this age developing feelings for someone is natural but developing the feelings for someone who is not meant to be yours is wrong....I am not saying that you are completely wrong here... it's a phase that everyone goes through and it happened with you too... it's natural... it just happened.... we can't go to the past and change it but definitely we can change the future"

"That's what I am trying to tell you from the day I came here Arjun...we can change our future...our future is in your hands...you are my future Arjun"

Brushing off her hands he stood up and retorted

"You have to accept the fact Deepali...the fact that I am a married man now...A man who is very happy with his wife"

"You can divorce her Arjun"

"Deepali" he shouted at her at an extreme peak that her body shivered and automatically her legs took a step back.

"Don't you dare" pointing his finger he warned her gritting his teeth with his bloodshot eyes.

She was scared to death at his reactions to her single statement. Her eyes brimmed up with tears.

Hearing the shit that she uttered he felt his blood boiling like hot lava and was clenching his fists continuously to control his inner volcano which would erupt at any moment of time.

He didn't want to complicate the situation even more by losing his temper. He didn't want a patient to be a prey of his anger.

Facing his back to her he closed his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair. Holding his neck he tilted his head back and tried to calm himself.