Chapter 18

Day by day the time is flying so fast. The past days  were not so good which ended up without a smile . It's obvious that the reason behind this is the decision taken by me. The decision to distance myself from Arjun.

I don't want to get carried away by anything related to him. I have been avoiding him since the last incident. I avoided making the favorite morning tea for him... avoided serving food to him... avoided not to bother about his sleep. Successfully I avoided all the materialistic things belonging to him ... but deep inside I was miserably failing to avoid my own emotions and feelings.

We didn't even had a small conversation during the past days. It's not like we used to talk for hours previously but this time it's not even a Hi- hello.

Few things had definitely changed a bit between us. Arjun started having breakfast and dinner on time along with me. The dinner where we just eat our food with heads bowed down. Whenever he's late due to some reasons he gives me the prior information through his message which included only three words "I'll be late"

Despite of being under the same roof... in the same bedroom we were staying like strangers. Even though  being around him I started feeling lonely. I was literally tired... tired of  being the way I am not🙁

I was back home from my work. I dropped my bag on the chair and entered the kitchen to gulp some water.

"Bhabhi...your coffee will be ready...

"No thank-you Didi... I am not in a mood to have coffee.. just prepare the dinner as soon as possible"

"Are you OK Sona??"

"Ha Amma... it's just I am feeling a little hungry"

"Ok...go and freshen up.. everything is almost ready...you both have dinner and get a good sleep... you look tired"

"Both??"

"Ha Arjun is in the study"

"When did he come back??"

"It's been 2hrs"

"And bhabhi...till now Bhaiya had 3 cups of tea"

"Hmm"

Climbing up the stairs to my room I was wandering why Arjun is back home so early today...and what is he doing in the study room...he never works there...why there's such a sudden change in his behavior

"See again you are thinking about him" my inner voice poked me

I didn't find it necessary to reply back as I was too tired to argue and I wanted a shower so badly. The hot water falling on my body is taking away all my tiredness and replacing it with a good relaxation. My body got relaxed with a good shower but my mind wasn't. It was still stuck at the stairs thinking about Arjun.

After the shower I was going back to the kitchen and saw Madhavi Didi carrying a cup of tea to the study room. This man is really unbelievable. Already he had 3 cups of tea in 2 hrs...now this is the 4th one🤦

I sat  on the chair waiting for him to come out.

"Shall I serve you dinner Beta??" Amma asked

"Let him finish his work  Amma... I'll wait ...no problem"

Madhavi Didi came out of the study room with a tensed look on her face.

"Bhaiya didn't like this one too Amma" she said to Amma refering to the cup in her hand.

"What happened Didi??" I asked her in confusion

"Bhabhi... I don't know why but Bhaiya is not at all liking the tea today...in fact all the 3 times before this one  he asked me to prepare tea giving the reason that he didn't like it... I don't know what to do now "