Chapter 4

Sonal's POV:

"Di you need to marry Arjun"

"What" I was shocked.

"Arjun" I asked in a confused way.

"Ha Di"

"Are you talking about the same Arjun about whom you told me previously" I asked him trying to keep myself calm.

"Ha Di I am talking about the same Arjun" his voice was low.

"Have you gone mad?? How am I related to this project?? It's nothing to do with me. There's definitely a big misunderstanding Kartik. How can I marry him?? I mean there's no logic behind this...how can I marry him??" I bombarded series of questions on him.

"Di just calm down Di please"

"How can I calm down Kartik??"

"Di please" he said in a pleasing tone.

"Just take me to the lake".

"Sure Di"

There was complete silence in the car. Number of questions and thoughts were running in my mind but still I was trying to keep myself calm because there's no use in getting hyper. I was looking at the passing by trees and lights. We reached the lake. I came out of the car and sat on the nearby rock rubbing my forehead with my fingers. This is my favorite spot. Whenever I get disturbed I come to this place,  sit here for sometime and enjoy the peace. The scenery ..the pleasant atmosphere...the green trees...the water in the lake ... everything here gives me peace and makes me calm . This place makes me feel relaxed. I sat for sometime looking at the water.

Whenever I look at the water in the lake, I tell myself to be stable and calm in every situation just like this water... whatever the situation is don't loose your cool and be stable ....everything will be fine .

"Di are you Ok??"

I stopped rubbing my forehead with my fingers and took a deep breath "Yaa I am Ok.... Don't worry. ...Come sit with me"

He sat with me on the rock.

"Can you just explain me what exactly happened today??"

"Di you are knowing about Dada's dream project right"

(*Dada is sonal's father*)

Baba wants to set up a new cancer hospital. He wants to arrange all the advanced treatment procedures for the Cancer patients because many people can't afford to go to abroad for the Cancer treatment. He don't want people to struggle anymore.... suffer anymore because of lack of advanced treatment here.

"Ha I am knowing about it. In fact Baba told me that this year his dream will come true. We have a plot somewhere and there he is going to set up the hospital. Everything is ready for that"

"No Di, actually we are having only  half information. The plot  about which Dada told us actually belongs one more person. I mean many years back Dada and his friend purchased the plot in partnership. Both are equally the owners of the plot".

"Wait a second" I interrupted him. "How do you know all this??"

"After dropping you at the hospital, I went back to home. Dada told me that we have to go somewhere and he told me the address. We started towards that place. On the way I asked Dada about the place we are going . Dada said we are going to his childhood friends house who is supposed to be the partner of that plot. Then Dada told me the whole story about the plot that he and his friend purchased the plot in partnership. And as a half owner of the plot he has equal legal rights of the plot. So we need his approval for all this... I mean the hospital"

Again I interrupted him "Then what he said??... isn't he ready for this??...Is he demanding money for his approval??"

"Let me complete Di"

" I am sorry ...you continue"

"When we reached there , that Rohan was also present there. He was sitting on the couch opposite to us. When he saw us he touched Dada's feet and greeted him. At the same time I got a phone call and I went out to attend it . When I came back I saw Dada and Rohan having a serious conversation. I heard Rohan saying to Dada "Everything is perfect Dada.. don't worry... humne jaise Socha tha vaisehi hoga" I don't know what they were talking about."

"Then a man same as our Dada's age came to the living area. Dada and that man greeted each other in a formal way .. just a Namastey with no smile at all. I was confused as well as shocked Di...I mean that man and Dada are childhood friends right ..but they didn't seemed like they are childhood friends to me. They were behaving in a different way. I noticed some kind of gap between them. Definitely there's something wrong between them . ...Di I am telling you pakka there's something that we are not knowing"

"Hmm... I am thinking the same. Tell me what happened next"

Kartik continued "Rohan opened his file and placed it in front of that man and said "these are the documents. It claims that you are giving your ownership of the plot to Arjun Bhai. And you will have no rights on that plot in the future".

" Good job Rohan, I guess Arjun has taken this deal very professionally" that man said in a mocking tone.

" Arjun Bhai wants everything to be professional" Rohan said

" Well that's a good thing . Let's make this deal even more professional"

" What do you mean"

"I'll sign these documents only on one condition" said that man folding his hands infront of his chest

" What's the condition " asked Rohan

"Arjun has to marry Sonal"

How Arjun is related to this deal of plot??🤔🤔

How  Arjun is related to the dream project of sonal's father??🤔🤔

What happens next?? 🤔🤔

Need support and encouragement😊

Special thanks to @sweetymua and @juw03902J for encouraging me🤗🤗