Chapter 2- Don't wake the Devil

Surprise! Surprise! Did you like it?

Now without any further due, let's get in. Why am I sounding like a YouTuber ..uh very sorry. 

Avni's POV

Ever heard of the phrase it never rains but pours?

Then you'd definitely understand my situation because I was drowned in stress right now.

I was getting impatient with each passing second, I was terribly afraid for my maa. It's all my mistake, only if I'd have paid more attention.

All of a sudden, the car halted with a screech.

"What's wrong with you? Why did you stop the car?", I was already tensed and this action of Mr Driver made me even more furious.

"Ma'am you see the whole road is jammed." The driver answered. I quickly ran my eyes across the road which was actually packed with black shining Audis. "Ma'am certainly it's some VIP, that's the reason for the roadblock.", he continued.

"He may be a VIP but in his house. How could he just block the road?", I said with overpowering anger. I stepped out of the car and moved to one of the MIB who was clad in Black.

"Excuse me, please get these cars aside, we need to leave. ", I said to him politely.

"I'm sorry ma'am but you cannot go from this road because Mr Khanna is going to come." His answer left me gobsmacked. What does he mean Mr Khanna is coming, is he the President of the country or what?

"What? What nonsense are you speaking, my mother's health is severe, I need to rush to the hospital, move aside.", I was livid.

"Look ma'am, we have strict orders and we can't disobey our boss. You've to wait for 20 minutes, once Mr Khanna leaves you may go."

"Who the hell is this Mr Khanna? Who does he think he is?", I yelled at the man and then cursed inaudibly but my words were cut off by a deep voice

"A noblewoman shouldn't curse.". It Was the deepest voice I'd ever heard in my life. I turned to look at the man and I was stunned for a second. If not for the situation we've met I'd have swooned over him. He had the looks of a Greek God, a chiselled jawline, brown eyes and a model-like physique. And those eyebro-what the? Shut the hell up Avni!

"Who the hell are you to tell me what I should do and what not.", I backfired.

"Easy lady, I don't think you should yell like that.", he said to me and turned to the bodyguard, "What's the matter?", he asked in his husky yet icy cool voice.

"Nothing sir. You don't worry, I'll handle her.", the guard said enraging me.

The man looked coldly towards me as if I had offended him and that's when I realized he is the *insert air quote* Boss. He turned to leave but I stopped him by my words. "So you are the so-called Mr Khanna. Who do you think you are? Do you consider everyone your slave? And this road is not your father's property that we need your permission to use it. ", I yelled at him.

He clenched his fists so tightly, his knuckles turned white. He started walking towards me. "See, I'm again warning you, you have crossed your limits far back and now my patience level is crossing mine. I don't want to do something for which you repent later. Apologize to me and I'll certainly not do anything with a damsel in distress like you.", he said in such an intimidating voice that would have people running for hills unless they are Avni Mehta.

I was a hard-core feminist and his words enraged her to an extreme level. How dare he call me a damsel in distress. And how dare he command me to apologize to him when he's at mistake. And on top of that, he's lecturing him to behave like a lady. Such a chauvinistic man he's.

"Apologise to me, now.", he said and took a step towards me. "Let me make it a little easy for you, guards turn back, the lady might be feeling embarrassed in seeking apology in front of so many people.", he said and everyone except the two of them turned back.

"Now, now, miss whoever you are, apologize right now or I'll make sure you see the hell in the disguise of your life," Mr Apologize-to-me said furiously. I was not scared, maybe a little but that was not by his words, but by the way, he spoke them.

"I won't apologize.", I said but my voice didn't come audibly. It was less than a squeak.

"What's wrong with you Avni, why getting frightened from this man, stay strong." my subconscious chided me.

"I won't apologize.", I said looking straight into his eyes.

"You don't know who are you messing with."

"I don't want too either. Such a chauvinistic son of a bachelor you are. I feel pity for the people who work for you. One free piece of advice, this is the 21st century and everyone is equal here, so stop living in your male dominating world, come out and face the reality."

"How dare you?", he gritted his teeth in anger and stepped so close that there was less than an inch distance left between us, his brown eyes were blazing with anger. My heart stood still as I gazed up into his dangerous eyes. The only thing his eyes said was, 'You've dug your own grave.'

I turned and was about to leave when he stretched his hand and caught her wrist. It was a very reflex movement and before I could calculate the next move I'd crashed in his embrace, with his hand on my waist. My heart raced and I struggled to come out when he said," Don't blame me for the consequences now." and he left me.

"You are insane, you get it.", with the last statement I rushed to the taxi, "It's better we take another road. Standing here and arguing with such egoistic rich brats won't earn anything.", I said to the driver and he took a U-turn.

"The audacity of this girl. I swear, I'll make her life, a living hell.", He roared." Everyone, get a move, and DD I want all the information about this girl on my table within 15 minutes.", he commanded and I rolled my eyes seeing him behaving like a mobster or Gang leader.

Arrogant son of a bachelor.

My dear readers, thank you so much for reading and waiting

My dear readers, thank you so much for reading and waiting. I hope I could do justice to your expectations. If not, I sincerely apologize to you and would request you to comment and make me aware of your complaints.

Precap hint- You are trying to hide from a lion, and unfortunately, you end up in his den only. What will be your reaction, comment and tell me.

Thank you!

See you in the next update, until then Stay safe and stay happy.

Apki seva mein sadev tatpar