Chapter 8- Haye such a gentleman!

*Yet another surprise for all my beautiful readers.*

(Quick A/N The text enclosed in single inverted commas bold indicates it is Avni's conscience's words. Thank you.)

Avni's POV

Keeping my hand on my shoulder to keep the damned cloth in its place, I grabbed a glass and started filling water.

I was fully aware of the fact that Mr Khanna's eagle eyes were still boring holes at the back of my head. I was turning to give water to him but jumped back in horror. Mr.-Nirdayi-Khanna was standing so damn close to me. One step and our lips would meet.

No bad bad Avni!

'Very bad', my conscience said and I couldn't help but agree.

Very bad indeed.

He stood there unbothered and here I was flustered and sweating like anything.

Relax dammit!

 He leaned closer making my eyes widen, and me being I, couldn't keep my composure and leaned back to keep as much as distance I was able to.

What do you expect, if one person is showing indecent expression then the other has to be decent, right?
'What do you think, he wants to kiss you?', my conscience said.' But there's a chance, maybe he leaned to kill you'

Haa that's also a possibility. Now the question is what's running in his mind.

Kill!

Kiss!

Kill!

Kiss!

'Maybe you know first kiss then kill, hahahaha'

My My, Help someone!

Mr Khanna towered, literally towered over me. Don't say I was tall enough, 5'6 is a good height, right? It was Mr.-Tower-Khanna who was 6'2 and trust me when I say he was intimidating and was scaring the hell out of me. I didn't know what to say, what to do. 

I gulped a lump that formed in my throat. Mr Khanna's eyes watched my every action. He didn't say anything, just stared at me like I was an art piece.

'Bahahahaaha, you and art piece! What a joke Avni. He's staring at you like you are an alien.', my conscious mocked me.

 His gaze zeroed at my shoulder and that's when I realized that he saw my torn shirt, he quickly averted his gaze from my shoulder.

'Haye such a gentleman.', my conscience drooled over him. 

Shut up! I'm sure he's thinking of some new words to insult me.

He looked back into my face this time with a different emotion that I couldn't comprehend. His eyes never left mine, watching my every single movement like a hawk.