Chapter 4- The Disguise

I was going back to my house warily when someone shook my shoulder lightly

I was going back to my house warily when someone shook my shoulder lightly. I turned to see who was it and trust me when I say she was the last person I expected to meet.

~

"Welcome, Welcome to the most horrific phase of my life." I said looking at the stars."You might be glad seeing me in so much trouble, aren't you?"

The brightest star twinkled at me twice as if it was reacting to my complaints.

"Laugh. You too laugh. That's what my life is. A darn joke." I spoke wistfully.

The stars including the brightest twinkled at me and an involuntary smile graced my face. These stars are my best friends I swear.

"I understood. You are saying that everything will be fine, aren't you?"

The stars twinkled again.

"Fine, if you say so. I'll leave now I need to go to the job tomorrow.", I said to my best friends- the stars who not only respond to me but also pacify and encourage me in their own language. Call me stupid for talking to non-living things, but solace can be found anywhere, ain't it?

_______________________________

The house I was standing in front of was gigantic, it was enormous and when I say huge I don't mean huge, I mean H-U-G-E huge.

"Excuse me, Sir. You here for what? I hope you know that no one can walk into NK Villa's premises without permission?", one of the watch guards asked.

Who are they calling sir but?

'It's you stupid, forgot about your look?', my conscience chided me and that's when I remembered.

I had worn a baggy shirt, a musty coloured jacket, a beanie hat, formal pants and not to forget large glasses. My long hair perfectly tied in a bun under the hat and the glasses tho didn't give me a manly look but they were efficient enough to hide my actual gender.

"uh-uh", I cleared my throat,"Ya, I'm here to meet someone.", I said nervously in a throaty voice.

"May I know who?", the guard's mind was filled with suspicion by now, I was sure.

"Me", a feminine voice came from behind and I internally sighed.

"Ma'am I'm sorry I didn't know this gentleman was your guest.", the poor guard hastily apologized to me, "I'm sorry sir. I apologize for my hostile nature. Please forgive me."

"It's okay." I waved him off like the kind lad-gentleman I am.

I was about to turn when the woman held my hand and rushed inside the house. The house needed no description of how beautiful it was. Every detail of that house screamed richness and classiness. How hard I tried to concentrate on my work, I couldn't ignore the fact that this was no less than a dream palace.