Chapter 5- The Contract!

Please! God, please! I know you and I don't get along but please just for your Neela and for my mother Don't make me meet that Nirdayi Khanna today

Please! God, please! I know you and I don't get along but please just for your Neela and for my mother Don't make me meet that Nirdayi Khanna today. 'Please, God.'-I was chanting these two words when a servant came in front of me as soon as I stepped inside the house, correction, NK villa, Nirdayi Khanna Villa.

"Mr Joshi, Neil sir wants you in his study right now.", he said.

Wants me? what does he want from me now? What kind of billionaire is he, always wanting one thing or the other from me.

"Will you please show me the way?", I said in my fake hoarse voice.

I started following the guy. I am relieved at least this disguise will save me from him. Why the hell did Naina di marry in this house? Never mind, as long as he doesn't recognize me, I'm safe.

"Mr Joshi we are here, this is sir's study.", the servant said and went. Ye bhi chala gya ab is sher ki gufa mein akele kon jayega. I raised my hand to knock at the door.

"Come in Mr Joshi.", he said in his freezing voice. With cautious steps, I entered the library aka study.

"Good afternoon Mr Khanna.", I tried my best to not show him my fear and to actually sound a male. There he was sitting on his chair, as stiff as a pole. I wonder someone injected a steel rod in his spinal cord.

"Close the door, Mr Joshi.", he commanded in his cool voice.

'Today you're gone Avni. The moment you close this door, he'll kill you. Rip in Advance.'

"Why sir, it's good. Let the pure oxygen enter the room?" Damn me why did I give such a lame excuse.

"If you didn't notice, I've indoor purifying plants", he said curtly and gestured me to move inside.

I closed the door but didn't lock it. I was about to take a step towards him when his voice came, "Lock the door, Mr Joshi."

"Huh! I've to lock the door, Ain't I?", I managed to say. Stay calm Avni! Why are you acting like a coward? He won't eat you, perhaps.

"Sit.", he ordered.

Mr Khanna rested his elbows on the desk in front of me and steepled his fingers and then passed some papers to me," this is a contract that says you won't leave the job for 6 months unless I fire you."

What? What type of contract is it?

"Mr Khanna.", but he immediately interrupted me.

"I don't like anyone interrupting me.", he said so intimidatingly that if I wasn't sitting on this chair, I'd definitely had run 100 miles away from this man.

"Yes, sir.", I said timidly. My hands were literally sweating by now.

"If you want to work here, you have to accept this policy otherwise you're absolutely free to leave.", he said calmly no, scratch that he said and made me want to leave right that instant.

What should I do, I've to think about maa. But what if he recognizes me during this period.

"Mr Joshi, I'm talking to you."

"Y-Yes, sir."

"So you're okay with the contract.", he cornered me with his gaze.

"I-I'm okay."

"SIGN", he said and I felt as if I'm signing my death warrant. I saw a glint of victory in his eyes, but why. Stop it Avni, you are just overthinking. You've to do this for Neela maa. You need this job badly. I picked the 'expensive' pen with shaky hands and signed the contract-cum-death warrant.

That's it. Now before he recognizes my anxiety or my sweaty forehead, I should leave. I quickly got up and started walking to the door, ready to go out and intake some fresh air, when his voice froze my steps.

"You can't fool me.", his voice sent a tingling sensation down my spine. My breath hitched, has he found out my true identity? Will he kill me now? Will he get me arrested?

He walked over to me and within two long strides, he was in front of me close, very, very close. I can't withstand this man 5 feet apart, let alone 5cm. He took another step forward and I took 2 steps back. I stepped back until my back hit the door. Damn me, why did I lock the door. I looked at him who was standing right next to me.

"What did you think? You'll fool me?" My eyes widened like a saucer. I trembled a little but instantly took hold of the doorknob to stable myself. "Miss Mehta?", he said stepping so close that our lips were just a centimetre apart.

Miss Mehta! Did I hear that right? O, God! I looked up to glance at him and as always he was expressionless.

"You don't know what mistake have you committed. First, you ridiculed me that too three damn times, and then also you have the audacity to barge in my house for the job.", he said looking into my eyes. I wish the earth opens and swallows me, wait why me...? Wish change! I wish the earth opens and swallows Mr Nirdayi Darawne Khanna right now.

"Mr- Mr Khanna.", I wanted to say more but words died in my throat.

"Now that you've signed the contract, you can't escape from me anywhere."

"But I signed it as Abhiman Joshi.", I managed to say still looking down at the floor. Today even this simple but shining floor looked interesting to me. This Nirdayi Khanna, damn him.

Somewhere I heard a chuckle. What Mr Apologize-to-me-Khanna chuckles also.

"You women are so silly.", he said enraging me. My feminist self burned with anger. I looked into his eyes, adjusting my glasses, fake of course, but he held my hand. He removed the glasses off my eyes and then removed the beanie hat as well. This man will kill me now for sure.

" You stepped into my premises without my permission. I can get you arrested. Also, you will be a Fraud in the eyes of the police.", he said coolly.

I stood there silently.

He leaned closer to my ear and his hot breath fell on my neck making me shiver. I sucked in a sharp breath due to the intimidating closeness.

"So now the game is mine, the court is mine and the chance is also mine.", he said and freed my hair from the bun I made in order to hide them.

", he said and freed my hair from the bun I made in order to hide them

_____________________________

Thank you so much for reading

I hope you liked the chapter. Ab bus yaar please update soon k alawa bhi kuch likhdena😅😅I mean vo toh likhna hi par kuchh aur bhi likhdena. Kya bol rhi hu khud nahi samajh aa rha. Forget it! Jo likhna hai likhdena par kuchh likhna zarur

Don't forget to click the star button, also follow me only 4 more to go for a century. Yayyyy!

I love you all mere pyare-pyare reader. Always stay happy and blessed

BTW if you want to read something light-hearted and humour-filled, what are you waiting for click on my other book AvNeil Os Dairies, I'm certainly sure you won't be disappointed.

Chalo, time for me to go

but before that

Aapki seva mein sadev tatpar