Chapter 30- You're an Exception.

Avni's POV

Avni's POV

I could feel the anger radiating off Mr Khanna but again who am I kidding, the icy look on Mr Khanna's face made it absolutely clear that he didn't give a damn.

Mr Khanna wrapped his fingers around my wrist and dragged me with him to his room.

He opened his mouth but closed it instantly and this repeated two times more. I sighed and hesitantly wrapped my arms around him. What the hell am I doing?

I felt Mr Khanna stiffen and I became sure, this was a wrong move. I was about to pull back when I felt Mr Khanna's arms around my waist.

He didn't say anything and I didn't compel him as well. A peaceful silence prevailed between us which was soon broken by DD, how amazing! Note the sarcasm!

'Don't strangle him. Don't strangle him.'

"Sir."

Mr Khanna raised his perfectly plucked eyebrows at him urging him to continue.

"Sir I'm afraid we didn't catch that man, he himself made us catch him.", DD paused and looked at me." He has a message for you ma'am."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go." I stepped forward to move, but a warm hand clasped around my wrist stopped me in my tracks.

"You're not going.", he declared.

A wave of anger coursed my veins but a part of my mind knew he was doing all this for me only, and if I started an argument right now I'll be defeated by him in no time.

"Mr Khanna please let me go, I need to know what's going on in that psycho's mind."

"Did James talk to him?", Mr Khanna asked DD.

"Sir James and Charles even threatened him to ca," he paused giving a side glance to me." Sir, he's not opening his mouth in front of anyone."

"This is not a good idea.", Mr Khanna mumbled running a hand through his black hair.

We moved towards the basement, Mr Khanna hot on my tail. 

The basement was not like the typical criminal basements you watch on television. It was worse, a stale stench of smoke and sweat filled my nostrils making me scrunch my nose in disgust. DD guided me towards a prison cell-like chamber.

I witnessed a man tied to a wooden chair, his face had a sick pallor, purple-blue bruises covered his face making it nearly impossible to identify him. James was yelling at him, continuously cursing at him to open his mouth but the mentally sick man didn't seem to get affected by him. Charles slapped him right across his face but he just spat some blood and laughed off.

'Mr Dwayne's army is just like him-Mentally crack.'

"Oh look who do we have here.", the man smirked, even with these injuries and all he had the audacity to smirk."Now, I know why the boss is so crazy for you. You're worth it, gorgeous."