Chapter 22- I can't risk anything involving you

Avni's POV

"So you are saying that you kissed me to irk Mr Dwayne?", I asked, annoyance and frustration clear in my voice.

"Yes Miss Mehta, the affectionate move was to provoke him so that he does something impulsively and we have an upper hand in the whole chaos.", he said coolly.

"The what move?", I asked in exasperation.

"Did you just get that part from the whole statement?", he asked raising an eyebrow.

"Do you think all this act will stop him from chasing me? What about my mother? You know he's a maniac right?", I asked ignoring his question. Talk about embarrassing yourself.

"I've taken care of your mother for now but I'm certain Dwayne won't accept his defeat so easily. He'll come for your mother and eventually... for you."

"Why are you helping me all of a sudden? Why are you helping a girl who ridiculed you so many darn times? And on top of all that, why are you marrying me?"

He pulled me towards him gripping my shoulders. 

"Believe me what I'm doing is totally appropriate and eventually you'll thank me for that.", he said looking straight into my eyes.

"If a marriage is all that takes to stop that psycho, I'll marry someone else but you are not an option."

His grip on my shoulders tightened, "Don't be ridiculous Miss Mehta, you think any man can protect you from him. You want someone who's more powerful than your enemy."

"I DON'T WANT SOMEONE TO PROTECT ME Mr Khanna.", my words were clear and loud. What does he think of himself, if he won't help me, I would not be able to help myself?

"Sure you don't," he said sarcastically. Arrogant son of a rotten bread!

"Mr Khanna if you think you are my knight in shining armours then let me give you a reality check that I'm no damsel in distress, I'd rather die than surrender myself to a devil-like you."

"I don't have such ridiculous desire to be your knight in shining armours and I'm not giving any option to you. You and I are going to marry and that's final."

"No.", I stated and took a step back.

"No?", he said striding towards me.

"No."

'Great Avni, I'm proud of you. Don't you dare agree to marry with this Satan.'

"Do you think you can protect your mother from him? As far as I remember you got kidnapped and that day she was alone, anyone could have killed her. You can not stay around all the time to protect her, you need someone Ms Mehta, why are you making such a deal of this fact?"