Chapter 33- Who am I to you?

"Miss Mehta? What are you thinking?", Mr Khanna snapped at me

"Miss Mehta? What are you thinking?", Mr Khanna snapped at me."And why are you blushing?" clear cut confusion was evident on his face.

'Busted!'

'It was a dream. A godforsaken dream.'

'My stars! Avni, what type of outrageous shameless dreams do you see.'

My cheeks heated more, the baffled look in Mr Khanna's eyes made me more guilty. Bloody hell! What was I thinking? His arms, which were wrapped around me made me more nervous.

"uh! I- Iandyou.", I stuttered pathetically. My holy stars! Have some mercy on your best friend.

"I don't understand gibberish Miss Mehta.", Mr Khanna said bringing my face closer to his.

"Sir?", DD's voice came and once in my life I was not thinking to strangle him. I was literally grateful to him for interrupting us. Bless you, DD.

But I don't think I can say the same about Mr Khanna. He had a displeased face which he perfectly masked behind his emotionless façade. Hah! No one can escape Avni Mehta's sharp eyes.

"Change.", he ordered and slammed the door behind him.

Jerk!

Few minutes before he was saying I look so ravishing and now he's saying to change. Bipolar son of a bachelor.

~~~

I changed and moved out of the room to the hall. Mr Khanna's little gang was chatting with Naina di and Mrs Khanna. 

"What are you talking about?", I asked smiling politely, but that was a wrong move. Everyone stopped chit-chatting and all gazes centred on me.

Sweet little innocent me?

"So how did it go?", Liza and Naina di asked simultaneously, an evil grin on their faces.

"What?", I played the dumb efficiently looking away.

"You know what am talking about Avi.", Naina di gave me a challenging look and I gulped nervously.

"I don't know, I'm saying the truth Di.", I stressed the word truth, just like the way a 5-yr old child tries to convince her mother on getting caught with chocolate.

"Oh stop it, don't trouble my daughter.", Mrs Khanna came to my rescue and I breathed a sigh of relief."Child, have you and Neil decided your wedding date?"

"I don't know.", I said but quickly corrected myself when I saw the suspicious faces."I mean we still need to finalize that."

"Ms Mehta is right mother. Before this wedding, I need to sort some pending matters which are more important than this event."

Of course, his work is more important than wasting time and resources on this "event".

"Oh, God! Neil what can be more important than your wedding.", Liza smacked Mr Khanna right across his head. Mr Khanna didn't even flinch.