Chapter 32- Someone turn the air conditioners on

My heart was thumping in my rib cage

My heart was thumping in my rib cage. I've fallen for the man whom I hated with every single cell of my body a few days back. Oh, my stars! But the surprising element is I can see the love in his eyes too. And all these days it was this love which was shining in his eyes. How can I be so darn oblivious?

'Because you're an idiot.'

"Miss Mehta... uh..", Mr Khanna snapped me out of my trance. The way he was looking at me was making me conscious, damn it! if he loved me all this while, why didn't he tell? But it's me who thinks he loves me, I agree he has shown it by his actions many times but still he didn't say the L-word to me yet.

"Miss Mehta... Avni..", The way my name sounded by him was surreal. For the first time he took my name and blast him, he managed to make me feel euphoric." I'm very sorry for the impulsive actions I took in blind fury.", he paused and brought his hands to either side of my face."I know I can't change what I did but I promise I'll rectify them.", his words tugged my heart. Mr Apologize-to-me-Khanna apologized to me. Sweet little me!

"Mr Khanna..", I was about to say that I had forgiven him that day itself when he promised me to ensure my mother's safety but his next action made me silent. He nuzzled his nose with mine, his thumbs were caressing my cheeks."I'm very proud of you.", his words screamed sincerity.

He looked into my eyes and softly kissed my forehead. The feeling was something that can't be described in words. If a few days back someone would have told me that I'll fall for this Block of Ice, I'd have smacked them right across their head.

"Miss Mehta...Avni I... I", I can never get used to how my name sounds so beautiful by his mouth. He was going to tell me something important when a knock interrupted him. It was DD.

'Don't strangle him. Don't strangle him.'

"Sir. You need to see this.", DD said and Mr Khanna's face which was surprisingly not cold and emotionless till now turned hard again. It looked he was talking to DD by some damn telepathy.

"Come on Miss Mehta.", he took my hand in his and we moved out of the study. Mr Khanna was looking ahead but my eyes were stuck to his face. A genuine smile was plastered on my face, I was feeling so good after telling him everything.

'Lier. You are feeling good because you can see the love in his eyes for you.'

'I- ah maybe.'

"This is my house.", Mr Khanna snapped at Mr Senior Khanna bringing me out of the conversation I was having with my conscience." This party will not happen and that's final.", he declared, his voice was void of any emotions.

"Don't be ridiculous son.", Mr Senior Khanna challenged him." This event is important for our reputation. What will the media say? The only heir of the Khanna empire is getting married and they didn't even throw a party."