Chapter 18- It will never be Okay

Avni's POV

Avni's POV

I stepped into Aarav's room, completely flushed, when I say completely I mean it completely. My heart was thudding in the rib cage.

Thump Thump Thump

Stupid Khanna. Like who opens one's door just in a towel? That day he was lecturing me to act like a decent lady. Where the hell his principles went today?

Damn this Hypocrite-Khanna.

'Avni! Why are you hyping so much, that day he saw you in his shirt and today you saw him shirtless. It's okay. Equal-equal.'

'Have you lost your mind my dear conscience? What nonsense are you speaking.'

'I was just stating facts.'

'shut up'

I have decided, I'm going to avoid Mr Khanna like a plague. Is there any medicine which we can take and forget few moments. No?

'Avni I know you are clumsy, stupid, tactless, awkward, but I didn't know you have turned psychotic now.'

'Gee thanks, how lovely of you to point out that.'

'Anytime', my conscience shrugged.

'That was sarcasm stup...', before I could complete a second voice came.

"Mr Joshi.", Mr Khanna's voice interrupted me. My eyes widened. Did I forget to lock the door behind me?

'No shoot! Sherlock.'

No comebacks were thrown at my conscience by me.

Why?

Because my mind was blinded, Mr Khanna's cold pair of dark eyes was all I could see. Furthermore, my heart's thudding was increasing every single passing second. What was happening?

"Y-yes Mr Khanna. Do you need anything? You should have made a call, why take the pain of walking such a long distance.", I said smiling sheepishly.

He started walking towards me, and I stepped back because I definitely know his proximity will make the matter worse. His hand reached out pulling me towards him. What the hell goes in this man's mind? I don't think I can or I will ever understand him.

He touched my forehead with one hand while the other was on my waist. My heartbeat was sky-rocketing. Is this his another conspiracy to kill me, because if it's like that. He sure as hell was succeeding in his mission.

"1. You sneaked your way out of my mansion. 2. You hung up on me in the morning. 3. You didn't take the medicines, your fever has increased. What's wrong with you Mr Joshi?", the word Mr Joshi came without the slightest of hesitation from his mouth then why was I being so nervous with him.

"Uh I- ", I looked at his face and there was just coldness, icy-freezing coldness.

"Stop gawking and answer.", he said pinning me with his gaze.