Chapter 19- I Believe You

Third Person's View

Third Person's View

Neil didn't sleep a blink last night. He was thinking about Vidyut and Avni. He was sceptical about Avni's connection with Vidyut.

"What is she to him? Does she possess the same amorous affection towards him, if yes Why did he kidnap her the last day and if no, why was she letting him exploit her? Is she Vidyut's trap for him?", he asked these questions to himself.

"Can I trust her after I know that she is acquainted with my biggest nemesis?"

"Do I want to trust her?"

He was busy thinking about all the possible possibilities when a knock at the door of his study interrupted him.

"Come in."

"Sir.", DD greeted Neil and passed him the day's newspaper." Sir, you need to see. There's a whole ruckus due to this article."

Neil opened the newspaper and his fist clenched with sheer anger, but the anger didn't flash on his face.

"Sir there's a whole army of news reporters from every inch of media, what are your commands?", DD asked patiently.

Neil didn't reply to him and marched towards the mansion's entrance.

NK Villa's entrance was packed with reporters, journalists and news writers. Reporters were less concerned with investigative journalism but more enthralled to make their story more dramatic, hence the ruckus. All pairs of eyes were waiting for just a glimpse of the billionaire, so when Neil Khanna graced them with his presence the noises doubled. 

Hundreds of people were asking questions simultaneously, even though the questions were almost the same.

"Mr Khanna, you were being engaged to Miss Shekhawat then who's this girl?", a reporter yelled flashing Neil and Avni's pictures that were captured with an angle making them look highly intimate.

"Mr Khanna, who's she to you?"

"What relation does she have with you?"

"What about Mali Shekhawat?"

"Was it just a business deal?"

"When did you break up with Miss Mali?"

"Are you cheating on her?"

"Enough", Neil's voice was deep, high but dominating. His one-word sliced the chaos like a sharp Katana. "What I do in my life is none of your concern and I won't appreciate other people's noses in my business. I don't have time to answer your frivolous questions so you may leave."

"You're afraid to answer our questions, Mr Khanna, they aren't frivolous.", a reporter exclaimed.

Neil glared at him icily and crossed the barricade which was placed to stop the media from entering NK Villa.