Chapter 24- The Block-of-Ice's Heart

*Passes water bottle in advance because trust me you're going to need it

*Passes water bottle in advance because trust me you're going to need it.*

Neil's POV

"Mr Khanna you know it feels so surreal, a few days back you hated me and today here we are, sitting beside each other in silence.", her voice was like a soft breeze rustling through the nerves of my brain. Unknowingly she was arising such sensations in me to which I was unfamiliar all my life.

"Hate is a strong emotion, Miss Mehta, I don't think I ever hated you. Did you hate me?", I asked though I knew her answer. 

"The day you snatched my orphanage from me, you took a part of my heart and one of the two reasons for my existence.", a tear escaped her eye." Why did you do this to me?", her eyes were fixed to the sky, the moonlight was striking her face giving her an unnatural glow.

"You remember what you said to me?", I asked turning to her fully.

"So you are the so-called Mr Khanna. Who do you think you are? Do you consider everyone your slave? And this road is not your father's property that we need your permission to use it."

 "You think I was born with all these assets and power. I was born with a silver spoon. I was born with pearls and silk but what you see is always not true Miss Mehta. When you said those words to me, a blinding fury took over my senses and all I wanted was to hurt you to decrease my pain".Her coal-black eyes, glistening with tears bored into mine," but it didn't happen."

"What didn't happen?"

"It didn't go. The pain didn't go, my suffering didn't go.", my eyes were cold, those moments didn't matter to me at all now. With her, I didn't feel alone, though she annoys the hell out of me, her company makes me feel lively.

The tension was visible in the air but talking to her made me feel relieved at the same time. Miss Mehta opened her mouth to say something but closed it.

Silence took over us again, I looked at her, she was watching the stars with a distinct intensity in her eyes.

"What are you staring at so deeply?"

"You know Mr Khanna.", she hesitated for a moment but continued for which I'm content." I never had a best friend, these stars were only what I had in the name of a best friend. And you know the most beautiful thing about them is that they even react to my talks."

"You are rambling.", I said shaking my head in disbelief.

"No, I'll prove you.", she said and scooted near me," See that star.", she pointed a bright star with her finger. The light in her eyes, while she talked about the stars, was something I'd never seen.

 She said something and the same star twinkled, her beautiful face broke into a smile, a genuine carefree smile.

"You saw that?", she asked with a curious look.