Chapter 12- Dear Diary

Dear diary

Dear diary

I know it's been a long since I last talked to you. Don't worry my stars haven't replaced you. Though I talk to them a lot, you will always be my best friend. 

You remember I last talked to you when Dada(elder brother) left me. Yes, 13 years back, we've come quite far. I thought I won't be able to collect myself without him. But my stars know I did... I gathered myself just for maa. She needed me and I needed her. 

I was so lost when he left me alone. His every single thing haunted me and that's why I left writing you because he was the one who made you my best friend. But today... today I feel so hollow, it feels everything has been snatched away from me. I don't wanna let go, I know I'm not that strong. I still want her. I know I messed up badly this time but trust me I never wanted her to face the reality like that. I swear I wanted to protect her but I couldn't. 

Why did Dada leave me? I'm not capable of doing anything. I couldn't make anything right. Neither I could save Dada's orphanage nor I could keep maa protected. Neither I could be a good sister nor a good daughter. I'm utterly pathetic. Mr Khanna says right I'm weak, absolutely weak.

She wiped the drop of tear that fell from her eye on the diary.

2 hours before

Avni's POV

"Stars!", I exclaimed with shock. A shiver of fear and nervousness ran down my spine.

"You two seem to be quite acquainted. Aren't you?", Mr Khanna's voice startled me. I turned to look at him. His eyes were fixed on me.

"Tell me, Miss Mehta.", Mr Khanna said in his cold tone.

"Back to Miss Mehta now, are we?", I said in a sarcastic tone maybe Mr Khanna forgets about his former question.

His oh-so-flawless now adorned a frown.

'Avni you can't miss a single chance to say how beautiful he is, can you?'

'I wasn't complimenting him.'

'Sure you weren't', my devil of conscience said sarcastically.

'P.S. You can do that later also but for now, if you forgot let me remind you the stalker is still watching your every move.'

A wave of anxiety swarmed in me at the mention of the stalker.

"Attention Ladies and Gentlemen, now the most important part of today's evening, the dance. I'd be delighted if you all grace your presence on the dance floor with your respective partners.", the anchor's voice echoed in the ballroom interrupting Mr Khanna's mini interrogative session.

He took a step towards me, my hands fisted the silky cloth of my gown in anticipation.

"This isn't over.", he said and stormed off.