Chapter 27- My Personal Haven

Italics=Nightmare

Italics=Nightmare

Avni's POV

I had just picked my spoon when a white paper ball came rolling towards me, but this time besides me, Mr Khanna also noticed and he picked it before I could.

And then all hell broke loose.

Curse that psycho to the seventh circle of hell, the intensity with which Mr Khanna gazed at me made me froze. There was a murderous look in his eyes, a look that screamed blood and fierce anger. 

"James.", one word and everyone in the food court went silent as if it belonged to him. Mr Khanna's voice was deadly cold, his jaw was clenched and fists were balled so tightly that his knuckles turned white. Trust me when I say that he looked like a lion on the hunt.

"Yes sir.", James went on high alert mode.

"I want the CCTV camera's footage of this entire goddamned mall within 20 minutes.", Mr Khanna's voice was threateningly low, so low, so cold that it made everyone on our table shiver.

Liza cautiously took the paper from Mr Khanna's hand, I was afraid that Mr Khanna would snap at her but his sole attention was on his hand which had tightly gripped mine. His grip was so tight as if his life depended on my hand. 

"Bloody hell.", Liza cursed loudly and my anxiety and worry grew to the next level. What exactly was written in the paper?

I snatched the paper from her hand and was about to read it when Mr Khanna's grip on my hand became firmer.

'Four days love, only four days and then you yourself will come to me.

P.S. You looked absolutely gorgeous in the gown you wore today. Keep it.'

I dared to look at Mr Khanna and his eyes were still glued to my hand, tentatively I brought my other hand and placed it over his and as if I was the spell breaker of whatever trance he was in, he broke out of it but still, he didn't speak anything.

I hadn't expected I would ever use this cliché sentence but sure enough today his silence was killing me.

"Mr Khanna?", I said softly and then what happened next was something I could never imagine. I had always known from the day I met Mr Khanna that his words were calculative and he only spoke when there was a sheer requirement, that he was a man of few words. His actions screamed his thoughts but as if he had bottled this anger for a long time.

A string of curses left his mouth and they were so explicit that they would put the worst sailors to shame. I looked at the other people whose faces had gone pale due to fear. Thank Goodness! there were no children in the food court today.