Chapter 21- Khanna Vs Dwayne

*Make sure to vote and don't forget to do inline comments I just love to read them.*

Avni's POV

"Come with me.", he gripped my wrist and began walking towards the hall where the press conference was held.

The hallway was silent, I felt I was a character in a daily soap, it felt surreal. My feet refused to move as if they were glued to the floor. 

Does he want to marry me?

Sweet little innocent me?

What on earth did I do to deserve such hell?

No, it's not going to happen. I won't let another man ruin my life, not at all. If all this is because of the psycho Vidyut, I'll run from here, yes call me a coward but that's the best option, I'll go from here with my maa, far away from him, far away from Mr Khanna and far away from all these fears.

Yes, that is it. I pulled my hand back from Mr Khanna's grip making him halt in his steps.

"Miss Mehta right now I need to attend the press, so be obedient for once in your life and follow me."

"Mr Khanna what you are saying is purely irrational. You and I both know what you are doing is an utter impulsive act. Marrying you is not going to end anything and I'm afraid it'll only sum up our miseries. I'm sure there'll be another way so in your words I'll advise you, be smart for once and drop this disastrous option."

"You think all this is so..." before Mr Khanna could complete it, again DD came. Don't strangle him. Don't strangle him. Don't strangle him.

"Sir the media is getting impatient."

Mr Khanna didn't reply to him. He just gave me one icy look, grasped my hand in his, and we were in front of cameras within no time.

Talk about the desperation of these people in collecting juicy news.

The scenario of the hall was just the way I expected. Jammed. Crowded with reporters, writers and paparazzi. Bah! Typical Rich Conferences.

Everyone stood up from his place to pay their respect to him or more precisely they stood due to fear of his money and power.

"Sir, Mr Shekhawat has announced that your alliance with his daughter has been broken by mutual discussion right after the ball's night. Is it true?"

"Sir, What was the reason behind the break-up?

"The woman right here was present at the ball, did you both meet there or you knew each other from before?"

"Is the lady beside you the reason for your break-up?"

"Have you been cheating on Miss Mali with her?"