35; Am I worth your time?

━━⛥⌒*゚.

They had calmed down now, the fight in Hulk still festering. Thor sat at the edge of the bed with his back to his love. He didn't understand how his Eros could think he was doing anything to hurt him, how Bruce could think he would do anything deceitful like that hurt a little. His chest ached and blue eyes burned with tears while he held his face to lightly rub at the irritated skin.

Thor sucked in a shaky breath; the night echoing with the taps of rain against their strong house. What was he supposed to say now? A tear inched down his cheek and he sighed a little.

" What do you want me to say?" The god's voice had choked out lightly. Thor finally turned to gaze at Bruce who looked just as terrible as he did.

" I want you to tell me you haven't been sneaking around with some guy.." Bruce whispered, pinching the bridge of his nose with a shaky breath." I want you to tell me where you keep disappearing off to..Thor, I'm scared."

" Scared of what?" Thor whimpered, gazing at him from his spot in the room. This wasn't right. His eros so far from him, unable to pull him into a tight hold and calm him with soft touches. " Bruce I love you! I never want to be with anyone but you."

" Then tell me what's going on!" He choked out, hot tears streaming down his face. They wouldn't stop. Blurring his vision and dampening his circle glasses. " Tell me...Why can't you tell me?"

Thor thought about it and he couldn't ruin the surprise. He had planned this perfect moment, imagined the way Bruce would light up and he couldn't let this ruin it. Everything would make sense to him soon. Bruce would have to wait a couple more days and he would get it. It would all fall together.

" Bruce, I need you to be patient with me. Please just trust me on this. Okay?" Thor begged for Bruce's trust; he had never given Bruce a reason not to believe him.

" Who is he, then? Tell me who he is.."

" He's a friend of Tony's, he's just helping me with a couple of things." Thor promised, getting up and trying to go to him. He saw him flinch and he sighed. " Please Bruce.."

" What things? Why are you being so weird and mysterious?" 

"I'm not, please just let me hold you." He wiped his tears, trying not to let that hateful look in his eyes hurt him.

He sighed when Bruce stood up, and went into his arms. A quick pause before their fight continued. That was okay, but Thor needed a break. It was hard for him to think that this could ruin them. Bruce seemed hopeless and broken. 

☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆'

Bruce sat in his arms for hours, head rested on his chest and clinging desperately onto his puny god. His tears had dried and left pink skin in its path. His heart ached as he replayed the events of their conversation. Was he being crazy?

Thor lightly ran his fingers through short brown hair and kissed at his damp cheeks. Bruce pressed against his light kiss, eyes spilling shut and hands reaching for more comfort. His boyfriend breathed out a shaky sigh, nudging his nose at his chin.

" I'm sorry we had a fight," Thor whispered against his ear.

" It's not over yet, we're chest on pause," Bruce mumbled back and leaned up to press his forehead against the gods. " We need to have it. As much as it hurts.."

" I don't want to." He sighed softly, pressing a light peck against Bruces trembling lips. His warm blue eyes shut and his chest shaking with deep breaths. 

" I know. I don't want to either but until I know what's going on I can't.." He shook his head, reaching to wipe a tear threatening to spill from his eyes. Thor grasped his wrist before he could get very far, reaching down to do it himself. " I can't let this go, it hurts to think-"

" I know," Thor sighed. 

" What is so important that you can't tell me?" He sighed; it would be so much easier if Thor would just explain it all."

" I can't, you'll understand soon but things aren't ready yet." 

" What do you mean?" Bruce rubbed his face. "It's like you're talking in riddles to make this hurt more."

" No! No, It's just a surprise for you.."

Bruce settled a little at that. Could a sweet thing from Thor have turned him sour? He felt now like he was being selfish. Thor's world was surrounded mainly by Bruce already. His time was spent with him always, and just because of a couple of missed calls and late nights he thought his love was too far from his grasp.

The professor was worried he had been too greedy after recovery. Thor had devoted so much of his time helping Bruce through his trauma and now what? It was getting blown to pieces by allegations..

" Thor-"

" Don't apologize. "

" But.."

" This is my fault too."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 

✎ || I have no idea how good this chapter is, so please forgive me.