57; The Fight

━━⛥⌒*゚

" I don't want to go home.." Bruce mumbled, his eyes hesitantly moving up to look at Thor.

Banner pushed his large book closed and a frown painted his lips. The Asgardian, arms enveloping the smaller male in a tight hold. Thor didn't want to go home either. Not to the home they knew, anyway.

" I know we have to," Bruce stopped him before his husband could make and protest, and he hung his head with a sigh. "I just.."

" I don't want to go home either," Thor frowned, moving to brush the hair that hung over his forehead in small wisps.

" It was so peaceful here.."

" I know, but even if we stayed, it wouldn't be peaceful all the time." Thor hummed, pressing a kiss against his temple. " If this was our home it wouldn't feel the same way it does now."

" You're right." Bruce agreed.

They had 48 hours left on their honeymoon. It had been nice. Everyday they got to hear the hum of the forest. The sun beamed down at them every morning, tickling their skin and coaxing them to wake up. The cabin itself was warm and comfortable. Tall wooden walls felt like protection against the world; a patch in the universe where they could feel at peace.

Bruce missed their bed at home. He missed the closeness to Peter and Wade, and the calm nights where they ate take out together and participated in teasing banter. He didn't miss the fights. Bruce hated how Steve and Tony were at each others throats every night, or the way the press covered him and Thor's relationship. The responsibility that hung over their heads as heroes and friends.

Thor was silent while he let his human think, his chin rested right above his husbands head. Warm hands moved to spill through salt and pepper curls.

" When we get home I don't know what to expect." Bruce whispered quietly, leaning into every gentle touch. He could feel his tensed body slowly start to ease.

" Let's not expect anything," Thor mumbled softly.

" Why?"

" So we aren't disappointed."

Bruce nodded softly. He pressed soft lips against his and allowed his hands to fall over the large ones stroking his tan skin.

☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆

Bruce stared down the wooden blocks stacked neatly to create a tower; they were playing Jenga. Thor played quick, he didn't think about his moves thoroughly, and pulled at the blocks that held most of the foundation. Bruce's strategy was the exact opposite.

Every little move the Asgardian made was reckless, and it forced his husband to even the tower out when it came to his term. Still he lost. One of the many times they had played tonight, Bruce had only stared at it and it toppled over.

He could watch it swaying lightly. Thor had left the tower so the tower was sat on one single block in the middle, and now it was lopsided. The last couple of turns he had yanked the most vulnerable pieces right under his nose.

" I know why Loki refuses to play anything with you now," Bruce sighed. A little pout sank on his face and a crease appeared where his brows furrowed. " I can't believe I didn't notice this before."

" Notice what?"

" You do have a strategy!" He boomed, eyes wide. Bruce looked like he was about to tare his hair out as he glared at the tower. " This whole time I thought you were being reckless but you're doing this on purpose!"

" I have no idea what you're talking about." Thor answered past a shit eating grin, his eyes gazing curiously at the little man before him.

Bruce shot him a glare; just as he approached his fingertips brushed lightly against a block to test is durability. The tower let out a groan. Wobbles spilled through the small wooden game, and slowly it started to tip over. A crash ran as it smacked against the carpet again and Bruce yelled out a groan of frustration.

" I want a divorce," he huffed.

" I don't believe you." Thor purred, leaning forward to pepper kisses over his tan cheeks. " Don't be a poor sport, Eros."

Deep brown eyes rolled in response, and his brow cocked. Thor could only laugh at his husband's antics. It took Bruce longer to quit then it took Loki; his husband lasted eight rounds while his brother could barely stand three.

" How do you do that?! Seriously!" Bruce's cheeks were a dark pink as he motioned at the fallen tower.

" You're very predictable." Thor shrugged with a small smile, which eased Banner just a little.

" Please tell me you brought another game, I can't stand Jenga anymore."

Thor chuckled with a small nod, moving to dig through the "fun bag". There were a couple things; Uno, Sorry, a card deck for Solitarie. Most of the things they had brought were for the outside but the little they had would due.

" I'm not playing Uno with you, not after that time in Europe where Barton made us play the strip version." Bruce pouted, shaking his head quickly.

He remembered that night; they had gone hunting for Zemo after lead that saw him in a crowded bar. Thor and him shared a bed, and Bruce watched as his future husband slept, admiring all his strong features.

Clint had pulled out the deck and him and Thor had reluctantly joined the game. By the time they were to finished, Bruce had been in just his underwear and Thor had only had to take off his socks.

Tony and Steve participated too, even Bucky who was strictly against being even shirtless in front of most people. Now it was clear he was trying to impress Sam. He didnt impress anyone, he had lost terribly and sat naked watching the rest of the Avengers play.

" Are you trying to tell me you want me to strip?" Thor hummed, cocking an eyebrow with a smirk.

Bruce made a face; his husband was charming. Normally that would be a good thing. But Thor was a perfectly sculpted man with a golden retriever personality, a loving tone, and warm blue eyes you couldn't say no to. He was to beautiful, to perfect.

" How about,," Bruce purred, pulling the card deck out of his hands. He carefully crawled onto his lap and leaned up to press a light kiss against soft lips. "I strip you myself?"

" I think you're going to have to earn that. "
☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆