48; The Tables Have Turned

━━⛥⌒*゚

It was the day of the wedding. Thor and Bruce weren't allowed to see each other.

His suit was a deep blue that matched his eyes, the fabric felt nice on his skin. The button up under it was a little small so it squeezed around his muscles. Thor carefully examined the two ties Bruce had helped him pick out and furrowed his brows. How was he supposed to put this thing on? One was a silky texture and black, the other was a darker blue bow tie that he also wasn't sure how the hell to put in.

The Asgardian was getting ready in a guest room. Loki carefully helped him with his tye and gave him a very small smile. Thor looked down at him, anxiousness taking over him.

" You know, you're already married." Loki said. His lips curled into a smile. "You're allowed to braid your hair now."

It was an Asgardian tradition, as well as a Norse tradition,to braid your hair after marriage. This was mainly so bodies on the battlefield could be identified by status. It was a tradition nonetheless. Thor's face spilled into excitement.

Slowly he sat on the bed, and his brother pulled out a comb. The bristles ran through golden locks. It didn't take long to unknot his silky blond hair. Thor shut his eyes as Loki carefully twisted long strands into a half-up half-down mermaid tail. After tying it up he broke out into a large smile.

" I wish mother were here," Thor said carefully. He looked up into the mirror and peered at Loki.

His brother nodded in agreement, sitting down beside him with a shaky sigh. They were quiet for a long time, painfully silent and trying not to cry.

" She would have wanted to be here," Loki said softly. He didn't hesitate to show emotion. Icy blue eyes welled up behind his waterline and he wrapped and arm around his brother. " Do you think she's watching over us?"

" Do you think she counts?" Thor said softly, looking at him carefully. " As a warrior, I mean. Do you think she's in Valhalla?"

" I think so. I mean, she raised us didn't she?" His lips turned into a wide grin.

" Are you saying that raising us was like a fight?" Thor let out a chuckle, shaking his head.

" Well," Loki started. A little smile fell over his lips and he shrugged a little. " I think she is, in Valhalla. She was a string sorceress, and a hero in her last moments."

They say there for a moment, in silence. Both of them felt at peace today. Like nothing could touch them. He didn't think anyone could, not again.

Thor looked up when the door opened, seeing Brunhilde in the doorway. She smiled at him warmly and went into the room.

" The braids are a little odd, don't you think?" Valkyrie hummed. She softly touched the braids her brows furrowed. " You're Only supposed to wear braids after being married."

" I am married." Thor chuckled and looked at Loki to see a little pout on his lips. Always so dramatic.

" Who tied your tye?" Brunhilde shook her head in disagreement.

She went to Thor and pulled at the large knot that fell oddly. Brunhilde looked at Loki and then carefully started to maneuver the the in a large bow.

" That's better."

" No its not! That is a Gucci the!" Loki yelped, jumping to his feet and pulling at the thick, odd knot. " I tied it perfectly fine! This, however, is unacceptable!"

" Oh please, don't get your hair in a twist." Valkyrie rolled her eyes with a huff.

" It's my wedding day, you can't fight on my wedding day."

" Shut up!" They barked in unison.

They both untied the others knot and pushed it into their own. Loki's jaw clenched, and he shoved her. All of this tying and untying was causing the nice fabric to crease. Thor just watched with wide eyes while they fought.

" You know what, I'm just going to go have Bruce do it." Thor stood up, and felt the two push him back.

" You can't do that!" They both barked.

" Why not?"

" The humans have a ritual!" Loki said dryly. Finally fixing the tye when Brunhilde wasn't paying attention. "It's an old superstition, if you see each other before the wedding it's bad luck."

Thor pouted, and slumped back down. He crossed large arms over his big chest. The Asgardian just wanted to see him once and give him a soft kiss. They were already married, so how much bad luck could it be? This was supposed to be party. A stress free environment, that's what Bruce called it.

" Just be patient, once you see how amazing I made this wedding, you'll be glad I didn't let you see Bruce."

Loki held out his pinky, and his brother hesitantly took it. Thor knew even to his brother, pinky promises were sacred.

Thor stood up and pulled both of them into a tight hug, his lips pulling into a wide grin. His little family was coming together well. The Asgardian would forever mourn his mother and father, but that didn't mean he couldn't make the most out of his found family.

Things were going to be okay. Today was a good day. The best day.

☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆

Bruce softly pulled on his suit. His blazer was a charcoal grey, and his tie was a shade or two darker. The fabric was textured and it matched the plaid button up under his blazer. Tony had told him it wasn't wedding attire; but Thor told him grey made his eyes look kind and he couldn't help but wear the nice ensemble.

Loki had almost convinced him to wear a dress, but he didn't want to wear heals outside on the grass. It was too hard to learn so close to the wedding.

Peter and Wade came in with snacks, a large smile on their faces. Bruce had expected this. Wade spoke through food. He had brought bags of McDonald's and started setting them up in the dressing room. Bruce received a hug from Peter, it was tight and warm and he almost didn't pull away.

" Have you checked in on Thor?" Bruce said softly, looking over at Wade and he shrugged.

" Loki won't let us, he thinks we're trying to sneak you in."

He pouted a little, sitting on the edge of the bed and forcing a chicken nugget into his mouth. Bruce wished they'd let him see his husband.

They were husbands. They had already been married so why were they being forced apart?  Seeing Thor would calm his nerves, at least just a little. Bruce wasn't sure how he'd react to these huge groups of people. They were his family. Their family, but it scared him a little.

" Don't worry," Peter said through a mouthful of fries. "I don't think he's planning on rubbing away."

Bruce chuckled, helping to fix Wade's tye, and smoothing out the vest under his blazer. Peter and Wade looked adorable in their matching outfits. The little flower poking out was the same too. Two little sunflowers in their breast pockets.

He couldn't wait to see what Loki put together. If it was dramatic and big, or if it had been nice and elegant. Either way he was thankful that Loki had put it together at all.

Bruce and Thor knew nothing about weddings, they didn't even know how to put together a guest list. Thor didn't know how the wedding registry worked and they both fought over who got to okay as the band. He had wanted an 80s cover band, and Thor wanted traditional Norse music.

Whatever Loki chose, he believed it would be beautiful.

" Speak of the devil.." Peter said softly, looking at the window.

Thor had given the window a soft tap, those puppy dog eyes staring through the class. He silently pouted at his husband to let him in. Bruce grinned at the site of him.

" Should we let him in, Uncle Bruce?"

" I think we should."

☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆