28; New Beginning

PART ONE

-

' ✨ ☁

The support group met on Tuesdays every week, and they had three sessions so far. Thor had to admit, he wasn't qualified, and he was searching for someone who could fill the leadership roll. He was temporary. The god wanted to know his friends were getting the best help. Still a lot of people were talking in depth about their trauma and it seemed to be going really well.

Tony explained why he had been cheating on Steve, but it still wasn't seen in a good light. Natasha told him it was a sorry excuse, she was brutaly honest and Thor was thankful for her. He wouldn't say what needed to be said, he didn't want to hurt Tony's feelings. The man of Iron talked about his lack of sleep, constant fear of safety, but the most compelling were his thoughts on Peter and Wade's relationship. He didn't want to see his son hurt, still, Thor would agree it was a sorry excuse.

Todays session was long and heavy. In group B Steve had been inconsolable, and everyone but Bucky agreed they hadn't seen him like this. The weight of his marriage was getting heavier and heavier. It was destroying him. During the session he talked through harsh sobs, his breath staggering, he felt like that little kid in Brooklyn again. He was constantly being stepped on, losing his breath, but this time? He didn't have the energy to fight back anymore.

With all of this going on Bruce had been eerily quiet, he was listening to everyone closely, taking in every feeling. Thor didn't like it but he assumed the scientist would start talk eventually. Bruce felt like his problems were small compared to his, he wasn't breaking. He didn't FEEL broken, he was just scared. He had been scared to be stolen all over again and he thought that was a measured reaction.

Yes, you're okay. Let the others talk. This is a normal reaction, you were kidnapped it's fine. Bruce reminded himself. But today felt different. Today WAS different. He felt a nag, a pull to say something. Thor's eyes were on him too, he could feel the worry in his gaze. Bruce tried to convince himself not to but, why not? Why should he stay quiet.

" Bruce?" Thor asked, peering at his love after Steve had let out the rest of his frustrations. " You look like you have something to say.."

" I do. At least I think I do-" He trailed off, big brown eyes pointing toward the grey tile. A sigh left Bruce and he payed lazily with his fingers. Everyone else had spoken their shit, so they waited eagerly. They wanted to help. The doctor pulled his glasses off and took in a deep breath. " Just, give me a second?"

" Take your time, Banner." Steve whispered with a kind smile. His cheeks were so red, eyes so puffy. If Bucky hadn't been hugging him Bruce would have felt so bad about that puppy dog look.

" When I was taken, they found a way to take me from my safe place. They convinced me to leave Thor so he didn't get hurt, even though.." Bruce chewed on his lip, shifting uncomfortably in his chair. " Even though I knew if i had told him we could've handled them on our own. But now all I can think about is letting it happen again. What if i go outside and..and someone convinces me to leave again? I have seven PHD's i mean, am I that stupid?"

" You weren't stupid." Wade spoke up, shaking his head. " Well- you were kind of stupid, but you weren't thinking about yourself. You were thinking about him.."

" I didn't want him to get hurt, I love him." He whispered, rubbing his face softly. Bruce could feel his cheeks heat up and a small smile fall over his lips, a smile that quickly vanished. " But now I'm..well I don't feel broken, but what I'm doing isn't healthy and I'm scared."

" Scared of what?" Sam asked with a frown, scratching the back of his head with a curious glance.

" Well I..I'm not right! I can't go outside without freaking out, and I'm scared that I'll be like this for so long that Thor waits forever. I love him, and I know how he is. You would do anything for me.." The scientist looked up, a tear slipping from his brown cheeks." And I'm scared that you won't take care of yourself like you take care of me. What if we want to get married? Or have kids? Or move in to a nice house together...And I still can't go outside? And everywhere I look I'm still terrified to be plucked from your side even if you went to a small grocery run?"

" We are going to get you help baby, you're worrying about our future but I need you to worry about the present." Thor offered a small smile, it took everything inside of him not to stand up and go to his lover. " If you keep scaring yourself over what will happen later, how will you get better now?"

" You're right.." Bruce gave a slow nod, wiping away his tears. He took a deep breath. " You're right, I need to think about getting better now."

" It'll be okay, we're right by your side." Peter smiled up at his uncle, placing a hand on his shoulder. " We can do this.."

" We're the Avengers, how hard can it be?"

It was quiet for a long time, everyone was trying to bring themselves back together after the heavy session.

How hard can it be?

♡ ; ♡

.· '𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌☆'¨) ¸.·*¨)

  (¸.·' (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* *¨)