56; Love Me Harder

━━⛥⌒*゚

Thor had thought it was a good idea to go on a hike in the woods; at first it had been. Now they were standing under the trees in the hottest point of the day and neither of them remembered how to get back.

To make things worse; the soured date had caused light rain to spill from the sky. Thor held a deep frown. This was supposed to be cute and romantic but of course he had to get them lost. Bruce didn't seem to mind. He was smiling softly as he he stood under the rain. It fell over his sunkissed cheeks and rolled down his chin. Little by little the raindrops rushed down his neck and soaked his sweater.

Thor grinned as he watched his husband, beautiful as always. He went to Bruce and pulled him closer. A smile sank over kissable lips and he leaned up to rest his forehead on his.

" It's okay, just breathe." Bruce chuckled; usually their dynamic wae the other way around.

Bruce was high stress, overthinking and nearly to tears if his plans didn't work. All while Thor had no plans and spent everyday on a wym. It was funny to see Thor all tense, it was even funnier to see Bruce calm with no worries and no need for perfection.

" Enjoy the peacefulness, we don't get that often." His voice hummed softly.

Thor nodded and leaned down to press a kiss against soft lips. As Bruce ran his fingers through thick blond hair he felt the God's muscles untense and his body to spill into calm waters.

" It doesn't have to be perfect," Thor agreed. More for himself then for Bruce.

The rain in the sky started to dissolve and the clouds turned into white wisps in the sky; like paint carelessly spread along a blue canvas. Bruce smiled softly as he gazed up at the strong face starting to unknit the furrow in between thick brows.

" Its nice outside," Bruce smiled and turned his face to the sky.

Thor only hummed in response, wrapping his arms around soft hips. Bruce melted into the calming touch, lips spilling into the wider smile then he knew was possible.

The suns rays fell over their skin, enveloping them in a blanket of warmth under the deep green trees. All around them they could heart the wind dance through the air and tickle the branches who sighed quietly. Bird songs whistled their gorgeous tunes, and Bruce sighed with the noises of the forest.

He felt so free.

After taking a moment to breathe, and eating their lunch under a strong oak tree, Thor was finally ready to find genre way back home. They wandered endlessly, turning and circling in search of the homey cabin.

Bruce took the lead after the sky started to get dark, and he got them there. He pulled Thor into the warm cabin and helped him out of his wet clothes. It wasn't very clear if Asgardians could catch colds on earth, but they weren't going to take a chance. Bruce pulled damp clothes off his husbands body and gently guided him into the bathroom.

Thor watched as he bent over, turning the water on. He slipped his hand under the spray and waited until the droplets warmed under his fingertips.

☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆

There shower had been long and nice, but their dinner was nicer. Thor had put together a vegetarian lasagna that knocked Bruce off his feet.

Laughter had boomed through the cabin as they spoke together, both of them holding large smiles. It was warm and nice. Even the periods of silence were nice and comfortable. They didn't need to speak to enjoy each other's company and that just felt right.

Shared kisses added to the nice evening and they talked about everything they could. Bruce had spoken about growing up in a dysfunctional household and Thor shared his sentiment. They told stories the other had already heard but enjoyed every minute of the familiarity and pretended it had been the first time.

Bruce felt the most comfortable here, beside his husband. He listened to elaborate plans for the future and reminisced on their past.

" If it hadn't been for Loki, I don't know if this would have ever happened." Bruce smiled as he spoke of what once was his enemy.

" We wouldn't be here. Right now." Thor chuckled, his large hand moving to take the small one. His thumb rubbed over soft skin. " I tried to tell you so many times but I couldn't.."

" I wish I was better at picking up signals," Bruce sighed happily. "But even if i hadn't, I'd still be in love with you."

Thor's thumb lightly ran over the runes on his skin, his lips pulling into a wide smile. He knew if Loki hadn't been involved neither of them would have progressed from friends. Thor had a feeling he still would have been following his husband like a puppy dog, depraved of the kisses that made him wish he didn't have to breathe.

" I remember being so nervous," Thor started with a chuckle. He shook his head at the thought. "I kept telling myself id confess to you tomorrow, and then when tomorrow came I stood in front of your door and convinced myself out of it."

" If I knocked, then I'd male up some dumb excuse to hang out with you. Like a movie or a midnight snack.."

" Why were you so scared?" Bruce whispered. It was something he could never wrap his head around, he didn't know what he would have done to make Thor think he couldn't come to him.

" I kept telling myself that.." Thor hesitated, looking into warm brown eyes. " I kept telling myself that starting a relationship with you would push you away."

" I just didn't know," Bruce sighed. He moved his hand to cup against his husbands cheek. The lasagna was long forgotten now. " I didn't realize that the feelings I had for you were love and if I had this would have happened a long time ago."

" It doesn't matter now." Thor chuckled, leaning down to press kisses over his sunkissed cheeks.

" No it doesn't. We're together now."

Bruce slipped off the chair and climbed into the Asgardians lap, leaning forward to catch his lips in a soft kiss. Thor admired his touches.

Today had been beautiful, and peaceful, and Thor wished they wouldn't have to go to bed and wake up to see a different day. He wished they could wake up and do this together again. Even though they spent the morning lost in fhe woods surrounded by the cabin, even being soaked in rain.

Bruce whispered quiet "I love yous" in between light kissed and Thor couldn't help but smile against his lips. He was going to spend the rest of Bruce's life with him and the rest of his own life mourning the human in possession of every inch of his being.

☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆