32; Keep You Close

-' ⚡

Bruce was starting to get those bad dreams less and less, at least if he did, he forgot about it by morning. It was so odd this morning, when he jumped up, his tired face-pulling from the bowl of cereal. He could feel the milk dripping down his face, and Sam's eyes gaze at him. He was so tired.

" You uh, got a little bit on your face." Same chuckled, grinning against the long sip of his coffee.

" Oh really?" Bruce hissed a little, sighing when Steve came to his side, slipping a washcloth in his hands. "Thank you.."

" Yeah man, it's just right here." Wilson motioned to his whole face, watching the sigh that left Bruce. 

Bruce wiped the milk off his face with the towel and slowly rested his face on the table with a whimper. His eyes were drooping, long lashes weighing down. He couldn't help his exhaustion, he had been up all night writing a research paper on nature vs. nurture and the time slipped away. 

" How long did you stay up, man? You look exhausted." Sam sat down, he tried not to look too worried. " Is it the nightmares again?"

"No, no, those actually..they've slowed down a lot recently.." Bruce smiled a little at the thought. " I've just been working a lot. That's all."

Natasha came in and shook her head at the spilled serial, she went to the coffee maker and poured herself an amount of coffee that would surprise even Tony. She leaned against the counter as she took a long sip of her drink and studied them. 

" You haven't been sleeping?" The spy hummed, blowing on her cup. " Well what in the world are you doing then?"

" He's writing another paper," Sam hummed. "  Those research paper's are interesting but you can't let it take over your life. What does Thor think about this?" 

" He's.." Bruce started, thinking about how his love reacted. Thor was excited and supportive even though he didn't seem to understand what it was or what it meant. " He's happy for me."

" What are you writing about?" 

" The Nature vs. Nurture argument in Psychology,, I was thinking it could be related to Hulk somehow.." Bruce trailed off, resting his tired face in his hands.

" That's why Thor borrowed those books from Tony! I thought he was possessed or something." Steve sat down at the circular table and shook his head.

" What do you mean?"

Steve froze a little, eyes narrowing to Bruce. He didn't realize Thor had never told him about it. Everytime Bruce picked up a new topic to explore, everytime Bruce mentioned a favorite class he took while he went back to school to retrieve another doctorate, Thor tried his best to read up on it for conversation. Loki would even quiz him. Steve a little flustered started to explain it to Bruce and he could see the doctor's heart melt with every word.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 

Thor jumped a little when the door swung open, tucking the book in his hands under the sheets with widened eyes. THose stormy blue irises look like Bruce had caught him doing something stupid. Bruce bit his bottom lip to keep it from trembling. He was going to cry he couldn't help it.

" Is it true?" His voice shook a little, sitting onto the bed to eye his thoughtful boyfriend. His heart was rumbling in his chest and his gaze was so soft on Thor's skin.

" Is what true?" Thor was tense, he had kept this a secret for a reason. He knew he was below average when it came to intelligence. Everyone in the tower joked about it. Bruce knowing he had to research just to keep up with him.

" What are you hiding there?" He wiped the tear rolling down his soft cheek and moved closer. The curiosity building up In Bruce was powerful. Why was Thor hiding it? It was so sweet. Nobody had ever cared enough to study on the subjects he enjoyed.

" Porn." He lied, taking in a deep breath.

" I know what you've been doing Thor and I think.." He smiled wide, shaking his head. He felt like a kid in high schooler who's crush had just asked him to prom. " I think it's sweet that you do that for me. Can I see what Tony picked out for you?"

The god sat up a little, giving him a little look of reluctance. He slowly pulled the book out from under the blanket and slowly handed it to him. Bruce was a little amazed at how far Thor was into the book, it was a hard read and his love had only known about his paper three days ago. 

" Why would you hide it from me?"

" Because I didn't want you to know I was.." Thor couldn't say it, his stormy blue eyes staring at the bedsheets. The sky released light rain, whispers of thunder scattering through the atmosphere. 

" I don't think you're stupid Thor." He grasped his cheeks, forcing his baby to gaze up into his eyes. Bruce quickly shook his head and pushed up against him to lovingly connect their lips. 

Thor released a silent gasp, slowly kissing him back. His hands guided Bruce onto his lap and squeezed him close. The god pulled away to bury his face into the nape of his neck and started to rock him. His baby..

His baby.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆