19; not us

🌩; Thor pulled Bruce close to his large body, scattering kisses along his skin, smiling softly. Long lashes enveloped shut, his face nuzzling into the crock of Eros' neck.  The scientist leaned into his touch with a hum, unhappiness consuming his body.

" Baby, what's wrong?" His voice was a gentle coo as he rubbed the Doctor's hips. He could feel the sudden shift.

There was a loud silence as Bruce shook his head. Everything he was thinking was a blur, something that he would regret. The doctor wasn't sure how to say it, or why it had suddenly hit him but he couldn't do this anymore. He pulled himself from large arms, a sour expression on his puzzled features.

" I..I..I can't do this." Bruce quickly got off the bed, leaving the male in a great deal of surprise. " I can't sit back and pretend that all of this is fine, Thor!"

" What are you talking about, Doc?" He got up to his feet, a frown on his lips. It seemed like everything had been perfect..

" I can't pretend that I don't miss our home, our family!" Bruce was filling with tears, something was missing. Something was off, it wasn't right. " I cant pretend that I'm in love with you.."

Those words sent Thor into shock, freezing as he stared at his love. The god didn't understand, was it because he was stupid? Because he didn't have a PHD? He had read up on all kinds of sciences, enough to make interesting conversation with his boyfriend. So he understood all the research papers Bruce thrust upon him because he was getting published for legitimate research and not because he was the Hulk.

He tried so hard to be smart enough, handsome enough, soft enough. Thor had finally caught his lover in large arms and he was trying everything to keep him there but now? Now he was wiggling desperately out of his grasp. Thor had always imagined it ending like this, but it was so soon he couldn't believe it. They had only been together for a month or two, and he was already losing the scientist.

Tears spilled out of warm blue eyes, electricity stirring in his veins. The clouds stirred into a foggy grey from outside of the window, and the waves were dangerously irritated. Waves came cascading against the land, strong enough to shatter a metal ship into pieces. Thunder boomed and lightning shot from a now eerie sky. Sparks clung to his skin, and tears burned his cheeks.

It wasn't anger, it wasn't even sadness that stirred this reaction. It was fear, not the kind you get when you walk through a haunted house but the kind you get when your apartment building has been engulfed in flames and you were trapped inside.

Bruce quickly stepped back, and a single eyes glowed blue. Thor was just broken, the final string keeping him down to earth snipped away from him. The Scientist shouldn't have been scared for himself, but for the God who sat on the ground sobbing. He wasn't enough, and he had known that but it was a sad thing to face regardless.

" I'm sorry, Thor. I just don't-don't love you.." The scientist wanted to say some, tell him none of this was real. Because it wasn't, it was all a lie to keep the love of his life safe.

Bruce dropped to his knees in front of his crying blonde, hands cupped his cheeks regardless of the electricity zapping his skin. He leaned down, pressing his forehead against Thor's, biting his bottom lip. The way he felt in his hand was so wrong now, because he had broken the blonde. None of this was right anymore, and it wasn't even his choice.

He tilted Thor's chin up to stare at him with a soft hiss, leaning down to connect their lips. The gamma radiation flowing through his blood protected him from any real damage that the harsh bolts would cause. The god flinched away with this look in his eyes, only pain left..

" Don't. Don't do that, you'll make it harder." He cried out, pushing at Bruce to get him away. Far away.

" Thor, I'm sorry." The scientist whispered, looking for any sign of light. Any sign of his old friend. " I'm sorry..forgive me?"

" How could I hold any Ill will to you, Eros?" The God whispered, the nickname sour on his tongue. He gave that look, like a kicked puppy dog.  " It's okay, you don't love me. I understand, I knew you'd get bored."

" No.." Banner hissed. He wiped at Thor's tears desperately, hating them more then anything. Bruce slowly got up, grabbing his bag, slowly he went to the hotel door. " You were perfect, Thor.."

There was silence, only the sound of the knob turning and a light slam. Bruce was gone, and now the god was all alone. No Asgardians, no brother, just him, a broken heart and a storm raging on.

A violent storm that he could feel rattling in his bones.

♡ ; ♡

" What do you mean? You really think this could be Thor?" Natasha asked through a skeptical look, brow cocked at Tony, who nodded.

" When we we're younger, and father was being especially difficult, we saw weather we didn't know was possible on Asguard." Loki added as his eyes slipped from the presentation to the redhead he once tried to slaughter.

" We wouldn't be as concerned if it was one thing but, A tsunami, a Hurricane, a thunderstorm and a volcanic eruption?" Steve added. He was holding up so well with the divorce. They still ran meetings together, still a ball of positivity. " We had no idea that Thor had THIS effect on the weather, without his hammer, I guess it's just a little less controlled."

The team was silent, until Peter came to a realization. His hand shot up, caramel eyes filled with worry: " Do we know why this happened?"

" I do, Starkson." Loki looked back at Peter with a frown that was so sad, so sincere it frightened the others. " Hulk."

" You think Bruce would have left him? That's insane!" Bucky shook his head in disbelief, they wouldn't have parted for a second.

" I don't think he would have left on his own will," Valkyrie added thoughtfully.

They were all silent, the idea that Bruce might be in some sort of trouble was a harsh realization. Peter's face had turned into a deep sadness, taking in a sharp breath. This was all too much. Sam ruffled his hair with a look in his eyes, a look that was all too human.

Wanda tried her hardest not to go into anyone's mind because at times like this she'd only see something she'd regret. Peter looked at her, his icy eyes meeting the disaster. They all wondered how Thor must be feeling, deserted, most likely. He must be so broken and there was nothing they could do without Bruce there to help.

Loki wished their mother was alive and well, she always knew exactly what to say. When they were ten or twelve, Thor found out he couldn't become a valkyrie because he was a man. The god of mischief was a little more sour but, Thor had cried himself blue and damaged a good amount of crops with a continuous rain. It didn't stop raining for days, until their mother explained why it was so important for the valkyrie to be women. Angels of the battlefield, they were.

Frigga would have saved the day, but both her and Odin were long gone. The god of mischief placed his chin in his hand, staring at the table. They needed to find Bruce, but where? Where would he be?

♡ ; ♡

.· ´𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌☆´¨) ¸.·*¨)

  (¸.·´ (¸.·’* (¸.·’* (¸.·’* (¸.·’* (¸.·’* *¨)