46; Whatever Happens

━━⛥⌒*゚

The wedding was only a week away, which had been a surprise to everyone. It came so fast and came so slow at the same time.

Bruce was a mess of nerves, his stomach twisting and turning itself into knots the closer it came.

Was he making a mistake?

It's all Bruce could think of. The closer it came to the wedding, the harder it was to accept. To accept that Thor really wanted him. A great god wasting years of greatness to a relationship that what only end in the death of his loved one, and then to carry that grief for another couple thousand years.

However, he was glad he was the human in this situation. Bruce couldn't picture losing Thor, not for a second. He certainly couldn't accept that there would be days after. Days where he was expected to act like it wasn't eating him up everyday, where he hadn't pretend the severity of the loss wasn't getting heavier and heavier as he walked through the universe.

No. He couldn't let this wedding happen. Bruce couldn't let that pain strike Thor, especially if that pain was for him. He didn't deserve the heart he kept, the heart that the world was fighting to consume and rotten.

When Thor walked in, his train of thought stopped immediately. His heart skipped a beat and his face went soft. The Asgardian went to his side a bent down to pepper light kisses all over his cheeks. He had been locked up in his little office all day, pretending to work on something important.

" I suspected you forgot to eat lunch, so I brought you something to eat." Thor cooed, laying the plate down on his desk.

The smell surrounded his senses and caused his stomach to growl, eyes slipping to gaze at the large lunch. He turned to see that large grin on Thor's face and shook his head.

" Why did you-"

" No." Thor interjected, cutting him off before he could deny the loving gesture. " You need to eat something. You've been in here all day.."

" I have been.." Bruce trailed off and turned to look at the empty desk in front of him. He sighed. " I was working."

" You have something on your mind."

Thor stated it so confidently, so sure, that the doctor couldn't even deny it. He had never lied to the Asgardian and he didn't plan on starting now. Bruce only nodded softly, and felt large arms envelop him.

The reassurance that came with the simple hug had washed over him, like a wave lazily kissing the hot sand. He carefully relaxed against the touch and pulled his glasses off.

" You don't have to tell me what it is, if you don't want to." Thor promised, his hand softly rubbing over his back. He heard that little sigh of relief and a sad smile tugged over his pink lips. "Whatever it is, we'll get through it."

" We always figure it out." Bruce agreed, wishing he had the same optimism as his handsome counterpart.

They stayed like that for a long time, holding each other and taking in the peace for just a moment. Thor finally pulled away, and guided the pasta he had made Bruce into his mouth by the fork full.

The doctor happily ate the food given to him. He wasn't sure where the hell Thor learned to cook like this but it was amazing. The simplest of dishes lighting up his taste buds.

" I love you," Thor finally whispered, leaning up to capture his lips. A loving smile appearing against the kiss.

" Show me how much?"

The Asgardian nodded, and carefully pulled him into his arms. Soft pink kisses traveling over his skin. Little shivers ran down his body as those soft lips pressed and teased the vibrant hickies scattered all over his body.