23; Thunder Bolt

-' 🌩

Hulk's side had bruised, the color an odd mix of black and deep blue. The repeat slams against the strong bars had gotten him nowhere. After days the large monster had grown tired, slowly he had allowed his body to collapse against the cells floor. Hulk's green face was turned into sadness, a snarl tugging on his lips. All he wanted, all he needed was to see Thor. Stupid Banner had separated them, and if he hadn't they wouldn't be in this mess. They wouldn't be alone in a cold cell.

The anger was building more and more every day, pushing Bruce far in the back of his mind. He suffocated his other half with pure hatred. He missed the god, he missed Hawaii, and most importantly, he missed all of the peace. Peace was long gone now. Weeks of fighting and he was giving up now, too tired to be angry, too tired to fight back anymore.

Glowing green eyes shut tight as he slammed his forehead against the wall with an angered growl. Large hand scrunched into fists, and pushed lightly to his head. Firm knuckles massaged his temples. Hulk tried to picture being home in the tower with scooby at his side, and a pizza in his large hands. He'd watch a movie with Thor after sparring, and then they would go to sleep, Thor being the little spoon, and he himself stealing all the blankets. 

In the morning, they would make a big breakfast for the Avengers. Steve would be up the first with whoever decided to join him on his run, and everyone would filter in and out. Tony wouldn't have gone to sleep, and at some point in the late afternoon, he would come out from wherever he was hiding to shovel food in his face. They would have gotten small moments of affection, he would ruffle the gods hair or kiss his temple..

His heart would pound and his arms would feel empty around lunch time. They'd get into a small fight, and Thor would apologize. That would be their biggest problem, occasionally butting heads. Hulk wouldn't be in this cell, rather in a small battle with the love of his life. 

The green guy remembered the way he smelled, pine and firewood. Golden hair would slip through his thick fingers like silk, and his body, small compared to Hulk's would fit perfectly in his arms as he held him. He had tried his best to get out of the small cell, and now his faith had to be in the Avengers. He was sure he had hurt his boyfriend, by Bruce telling him he could never be in love with him even if he tried.

It was a lie. Of course it was a lie. Hulk had been deeply in love with the god since the first time they sparred, and even though Bruce didn't know yet, he did. He had experienced the pain, the jealousy that came with Jane. The relief when she left. He remembered when Thor found him again, after getting out of the deep haze of anger inside of him. Hulk saw him again and he decided then and there he hated the short hair, and wished his friend would grow it long again. Thor found a nice length, medium that could still be tightly braided.

He tried not to scoff at Bruce's infatuation with Natasha. She was beautiful, but she didn't spar like Thor. Natasha was quick on her feet, agile, tricking Hulk into going where she wanted like he was a chess piece. But the god of thunder? He went in with full blunt force, just like he did with his emotions. 

Hulk could tell a lot by a person by the way they fought, and Thor fought like a man with heart. There was passion rolling through every punch, and while he didn't always think things through, he was level with Hulk.  A PHD definitely didn't help Bruce pick up the hints Thor had been dropping, and eight didn't help him listen to what his other half was telling him. 

As he sat in his cell, thinking deeply about Thor he felt the fury in his head begin to melt away. Hulk wanted to be angry. He wanted to be hurt, but he was only sad. He pushed his head into his hands, a shake rolling through his body. Slowly, Hulk began to release Bruce by a grasp deep inside of him. 

Tears released from deep green eyes, pushing past his waterline to tip through thick lashes. Hulk took in a deep breath, trying to keep himself from this insanity. 

♡ ; ♡

Hulk had only been trapped for another week when he was rescued. The first person he laid his eyes on was Tony, going straight to the cage while the others filtered in to fight against Doom. Annihilus had stolen the green blood pumping through Hulk's veins, and disappeared from Doctor Doom's radar. According to Doom, he had been paranoid the second Hulk had come out. 

He didn't care much for what happened, or even who did it. Hulk just wanted to get back home. The plane ride home was slow, and fuzzy. He couldn't recall it even if he wanted to. Hulk tried to wait patiently but it hadn't been easy when he had already been waiting for too long. Thor had been fresh on their mind as soon as Bruce had said good by, and he didn't seem to leave. He should've done so much better. 

Hulk gazed into the window, eyes spilling over their surroundings. The sun was starting to fall, making the sky a light peach. The clouds were fluffy, ready to spill the collected rain inside itself. Everything seemed so perfect for his home coming, ready to scoop his god in large green arms and never let Bruce tuck him far away ever again. 

Loki sat across from him, gazing deeply at the green giant. His brow was cocked, icy blue eyes taking in every emotion crossing the Hulk's face. He had seen what a mess his brother was but he hadn't considered what all of this was like for the Hulk. Loki had thought deeply about what Bruce might be feeling but, while Banner and Hulk were one, they were so separate all at once. He looked hurt and confused. Thor had not only been Hulk's boyfriend, but his best friend, sparring partner, roommate, and designated mission buddy. Hulk wasn't closer with anyone as much as he was close with Thor, even Loki and Valkyrie didn't know all they wanted about the green ball of anger.

" He was a mess while you were gone too.." Loki spoke softly, frowning at the green man. He watched the flicker in the green face, eyes meeting the god with a small frown. " He really, really missed you big guy. "

" Missed him more." The Hulk grunted out, thick black brows knitting. The tense screwed on his face seemed to calm at the words of kindness.

" I bet you did, and if you look outside while we're right above New York?"

" What..?"

" A rainbow." A smile cracked over Loki's face, it was soft as he watched glee flash over his deep green face. 

" Puny god make rainbow for Hulk?" The giant's lips curled into a wide smile, quickly snapping his head around to stare at the sky. They wouldn't be over the city for hours but he didn't care. He'd wait for days if it took that long. " I love point break."

" He loves you too, so much. But you should prepare for a fight, Thor was worried about you."

" Hulk always prepared for fight. Always angry."

Loki felt happy for the giant across from him, excited to see them reunited once again. He could see just by looking into their eyes that they were madly in love. Nothing could tear them apart and that, to the god of mischief, was beautiful. He took in a deep breath, and through a kind tone spoke his last few words for the next hour or so: " We'll be there before you know it."

♡ ; ♡

.· '𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌☆'¨) ¸.·*¨)

  (¸.·' (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* *¨)