21; Darkest Night

-'🌩 Thor laid his head down against the fluffy pillow that emitted Bruce's scent in the air. It wasn't fair. When he came back to this bed, a warm body with soft brown hair and gentle eyes should have been nuzzled up beside him. His heart was skipping too fast, like the feeling he got when he fell from a great height. Thor kept blinking, ready to wake up from his nightmare. He felt so childish, like a kid screaming for it's beloved toy after allowing it to slip from small hands.

He curled up inside the thin sheets, fingers hooked around the ends of his pillow. Thor could feel a presence entered the room, but he refused to look. They weren't Bruce. Why did it matter? He felt them climb onto the bed, their small hands working through his golden locks. Warm tears leaked over the satin pillowcase, staining the nice fabric.

The strawberry vanilla scent was so familiar, it caused irritated eyes to lift from their spot in the room. Thor gazed up at Peter, his lip quivering to see all of that worry built up in the arachnid's soft face. There was a pause, for a split second his pain cured. The god of thunder wrapped his large arms around the small boy, tugging him into a tight hug. His nephew was so gentle as he held onto the large arms, pressing a loving kiss against his forehead.

" I wish I could've seen you back under different circumstances, I apologize spider-ling." Thor's voice cracked as he spoke, a raspy gurgle in his voice. It was all too obvious that Thor had been crying. 

" Don't apologize, uncle." Peter shook his head, fingers meeting his blonde locks. He pushed the hair into a tight braid as they spoke. Sadness rolled through his irises, he prayed Bruce would be back soon.

" I miss him.."

" I know. I know. We'll find him."

Tear blurred over unsuspecting pupils, forcing a sharp breath in his soft lips. long lashes closed as Thor clung to Peter. His face buried deep into the boys neck, trying to hold back the tremors running down his body. He wanted to keep himself together, he didn't want to be this broken, but he didn't know how. He didn't know what to do. It had been raining since they left Hawaii, and wouldn't stop for a very long time. Sparks of electricity radiated from his tan skin, eyes forever glowing, his tears burning with every short charge. Peter was terrified for his uncle, he had been here and he wished there was something he could do.

All the god could think about was Bruce. Was he okay? Safe? It was all so odd, so fast when his Eros left. One moment Bruce was there, and the next moment his heart was shattered into pieces, left defenseless for any attack. If Loki hadn't taken him home he would've wasted away until it was the end. Thor didn't know how it all happened, how his brain switched so quickly. 

 " I want a turkey sandwhich." He mumbled, his stomach growling for something to eat. Thor was straving, his last meal must have been breakfast with Bruce. " Are you hungry?"

" I'm always hungry," Peter giggled. He sat up with a hum, looking down at his mess of an uncle. Pete swiped the tear from his beat red cheek, glowing eyes dying down at the touch. He watched the calm wash over Thor, a sad smile rolling across his face. " Lets go eat something."

" Agreed." Thor tugged himself out of bed, the beating rain calming down. The droplets no longer declared war against the windows, it reduced to a soft patter, calm and cold now. He let out a sigh, pausing as he gazed out the window, bright blue eyes glued to the wet New York streets. 

Peter's small hand wrapped around the god's large wrist, giving him a soft tug, leading him into the kitchen. The group went quiet to see Thor out of bed. Steve and Tony paused their fight, Sam lightly pushed Bucky off of his lap and they drew closer to the kitchen with pure curiosity. Loki stayed in his spot on the couch, pretending to read an astronomy book. The leather was cool against his fingers, the pages ridged in that rustic way that brought a smile to the gods lips. His lips pursed as he listened closely to the moving around in the kitchen, the perfect aroma of the old book surrounding his senses. He had to give Thor credit: he made the perfect conditions for reading.

Loki didn't rush to him only because he knew what Thor was like when he was crowded. He kept his distance and listened in for any form of danger, he'd protect from afar until he was forced to get closer or until Thor came to him. Until then, Peter would be there to tug him along and keep him on his feet. 

The spider pulled apple juice out for the both of them, and poured glasses while Thor worked away at the sandwhiches. He was finally clearing his mind, praying that this would benefit Bruce in the end. Maybe this was a gateway back to normal. Maybe he was getting closer to the team allowing him on the case so he can help his baby. His poor baby. Something was wrong, that's what Natahsa said and he wanted more then anything to help. If only he could just help.  

♡ ; ♡

.· ´𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌☆´¨) ¸.·*¨)

  (¸.·´ (¸.·’* (¸.·’* (¸.·’* (¸.·’* (¸.·’* *¨)