Chapter Thirty Nine

It almost looks as if some clouds have rolled in. It doesn't bother us though, either way we enjoy each other company. I can feel Harry's shoulder rise and fall with each breath he takes. I start to feel drops of water sprinkle onto my face

"I think it's raining?" Harry says. "Should we go back-" I grab his hand as he starts to get up. Water won't kill us, I'd rather stay out here with him. It's only barley misting anyway and it's a warm night. I almost forget that Harry was there after a while, my hair and clothes are now soaking wet, I start to hum to myself as I do when I'm alone. "See I knew that your voice was going to be beautiful." Harry says.

"Oh sorry that was terrible, I almost forgot you where sitting here with me." I say. I sing all the time without realizing it so I'm not surprised this happened, it doesn't mean I'm not completely mortified.

"No it wasn't, Gab I wouldn't lie to you. Just because we are dating it doesn't mean I've gone  soft on you, I would tell you if your voice sounded like Moaning Myrtle's" He jokes, I don't think Harry had ever not been soft though. He puts on a brave face but I can read him like a book.

"That's insulting to Myrtle." I say joking back with him. He nudges me playfully while laughing.

"Stop it, you and your voice are both very brilliant." He says looking at me. Now that I think about it, it's quite cold. Probably because we are wet now. It starts to rain harder to the point where the drops sort of hurt. We both stand up, I turn to start running back to the castle but Harry grabs my arm and spins me towards him. "Wait!" He says.

"What?" I ask. I continuously wipe the water out of my eyes from the rain as he gathers his words. He looks like he regrets stopping me.

"I love you." He sort of shouted it at me rather than saying it but he's doing his best. I don't think he wants me to answer since he grabs my hand quickly and starts to run back to the castle with me, I would've said it back if he gave me the chance. Like he needs to be the one to give me that chance. I stop running but still hold onto his hand to stop him as well. He looks at me in fear of what I'm about to say.

"I love you too, obviously. Who couldn't." I mumble the last part a little but he gets the point. A look of relief and pure joy appears on his face. He pulls me in for a hug but quickly switches his mind and kisses me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh will you calm down, you've made it every season what makes you think you won't this season?" Ginny asks as we put on our quidditch gear.

"I don't know, I might get distracted." I retort.

"By Harrrrry, is the thought of him too much for you to bare?" She teases. I trough my glove at her, she throws it back to me and says "Don't act like he's not what you're talking about. I see how precisely your eyes follow him. No matter how fast he's going on his broom."

"Well he is my boyfriend, I'm allowed to look at him like that whenever I want." I reply as I grab my water and broom to head out of the locker room with Ginny.

I think that I tried out well, so did Ginny and Harry though. I hadn't realized how much Ginny has been practicing. I'm sure she's taken my spot for best chaser but I'm still a very close second. Harry caught the snitch in no time, I guess he had been practicing too. It kills me that we won't find out who made the team until next week. I don't understand how everyone is so confident. I always have doubts if I made the team or not. Then again I am the only one who always has doubts. I know that Slytherin has their tryouts right after us so I figure it wouldn't be a bad idea to see who shows up. They will be our main competition after all. As everyone exits the pitch I tell them that they can go ahead and I'll catch up with them. I make my way into the bleachers. Not many people come to watch tryouts but I surprisingly see Emily sitting by herself. Ironically she has a book in her hand. It has a beautiful cover on it. "Hey Emily! What are you doing here?" My question seems to startle her a bit as I sit down.

"Oh hi I'm watching my boyfriend." She turns the page in her book. She doesn't seem to be doing much watching. "If you couldn't tell I'm not too fond of him playing quidditch, the amount of injuries a week that students get is tremendous." She scuffs.

"Oh, well what number is he?" I ask. I recognize each player byu their number easier since I play against them so often. She glances up at me then goes back to her book before muttering "Seven." I laugh at her because it's obviously a joke, who would actually want to be with someone as foul as Malfoy. When she doesn't laugh along with me I begin to wonder if she was serious.

"You're joking right?" I ask. She shakes her head and buries her nose into her book. "I can't believe you, so this is why you never told me about him. Because you know how horrible he is-"

"He's just misunderstood." She snaps. I haven't gotten to know her that well yet but I definitely did not take her for the type to raise her voice. Malfoy probably taught her that.

"I don't need to waste my time with people like you and him." I start to walk away but I need to ask her one more thing before I go "Tell me, Emily. WHat do you think about Hermione Granger, do you wish death upon her? Do you and all of your pureblood friends wish that the school wouldn't be infested with muggleborns like her?" I demand.

"No! When did I ever say that?"

"When you started being so much as civil with the Malfoy's or anyone like them." I can't stand to look at her anymore. I'm so sick of the purebloods thinking that they are better than everyone else. I thought I had finally found someone with as much class and decency as the Weasley's. But no she's just like the rest of them.

———————————————————————

Sorry for not posting yesterday!! I lost track of time and I didn't have any time to write the next chapter