Chapter Thirty Four

I notice him following me out of the library even though I made it very clear I am not in the mood for his nonsense "Go away." I say walking faster.

"Wait, Gabriella, let me apologize." He says, catching up with me. I stop and cross my arms and lean my back against the stone wall waiting for him to give whatever pathetic apology he has. He puts one hand on the wall right above my shoulder. I roll my eyes, he starts to talk, with each word that comes out he gets closer to me. I look at the ground to make sure we aren't making eye contact. He leans in all too fast for me to push him back before he could kiss me. I immediately turn away. I thought I would feel angry or disgusted but all I can feel is guilt. Guilty that I just kissed somebody other than Harry. I didn't mean too but I still feel almost as guilty as if I had meant it. I need to go tell Harry before he finds out on his own.

I run as fast as I can to the common room, that would be the first place he would be. Unfortunately he isn't there, I'm not supposed to go to the boys bedrooms area but following the rules isn't my top priority right now. I run up the unfamiliar staircase, I remember which room is his from when he was getting ready for his date with Cho that time. I pound on the door and nobody's in there. I start to panic, the castle is huge and he could be anywhere. And so could Cormac, telling everyone what just happened with his own twist on the story.

The only other place that he could most likely be would be the quidditch pitch, but it's so far and if I'm wrong then I'll really be screwed. I have no choice but to go down there and see if he's there. I don't think I've ever run this fast in the hall before but it's worth it when I get to the pitch and see Harry sitting in the bleachers. I bend over with my hands on my knees to catch my breath.

"It's not true." I pant a few times before continuing "Whatever Cromac said, it wasn't true. Please you've got to believe me." I say. He looks confused, luckily he has no clue what I am talking about. I sit next to him and realize that now I have to be the one to tell him. "I promise I am telling you the truth when I say that I didn't mean too, he did it so fast-"

"Did what?" He asks. He looks concerned for me which is sweet but that feeling is about to go away.

"Cormac." I begin absolutely dreading what I have to tell him next. "He kissed me. He was being rude to me while we were in the library so I tried to leave, he followed me into the hallway and... you get what happened next." I wait impatiently for what he is going to say. He clenches his jaw, it's over he hates me.

"I don't know what to say right now." He says.

"Well you believe me right?" I ask. He doesn't respond. I want to cry or scream or I don't even know, but what I do know is that I can't sit in silence for any longer. "Harry, you believe me right?" I ask again.

"Yeah, I believe you." He sounds convincing enough. "I'll be back, you stay right here." He says like I'm going to believe he's not about to get himself expelled. He stands up so I stand up and block the isle of the bleachers "Gab, I'll be back I promise. Do you know where McLaggen would be?" He asks.

"Nope." I say, not only because I don't want to be the cause of a fist fight but also because I really don't know.

"Could you um, move so I can get bye?" He asks. I shake my head. He does his classic eye roll and tries to brush past me but I step in his way again. "I said move please." He says with a little more force in his voice. I can tell he is fuming with anger and he's trying very hard not to take it out on me. That doesn't mean I'm going to let him go beat somebody up. "Please." He says one last time, he sounds sweeter this time. He puts his hands on my shoulders, he starts to lean closer to me. I feel like I can't breathe when he looks at me the way he is right now. He kisses me softly and shortly, as I pull away he uses this as a chance to get past me. Did he really just play with my emotions so he could get past me? I can't decide if I didn't like it or if I did. Whatever, I need to make sure he doesn't get himself into trouble. I follow him scolding him the whole time he runs back to the castle like he would listen to me or something. Just as I thought my luck couldn't get any worse we run into Cormac in the hallway.

———————————————————————