Chapter Twenty Seven

That night I lay in my bed thinking about what just happened. I don't regret it, I don't know if he does but I definitely do not. I should probably tell Hermione too. I look over to see if she's still awake. She's not, I'll tell her tomorrow I guess. I can't sleep after that, I'm so excited but also nervous. What does this mean about Harry and I's relationship? I get up to get a glass of water and Harry must not have been able to sleep either because he is also in the hall. We kind of just stare at each other.

"Harry, um hi." I say. Hi? Really 'hi' is the best I could come up with? I sort of do and sort of don't want to talk about what happened between us.

"Hey Gab, can't sleep?" He asks.

"Yeah." I look down so we don't have to make eye contact. "I was just going to get a glass of water." I say. He follows me down the stairs. "Are you getting water too?" I ask.

"No." He says. I thought he was joking so I smile a little but he wasn't.

"Then why did you come downstairs?" I ask.

"I couldn't sleep either because of...earlier." Now that he brought it up, I don't want to talk about it. But if he is willing to open up right now might as well take my chance.

"Harry, did you regret doing that?" I flat out ask him. He looks at the ground.

"No." He said no, he actually said no. I don't think I've ever been this happy and relieved at the same time in my entire life.

"Me neither." I say. I try to hide my smile but there's no point.

"So we're good?" He asks. Good? We're better than good.

"We're perfect." I say. I want to ask him all sorts of questions but that would be annoying since it's the middle of the night. We both head back up to bed after I get water.

-------------------------------------------------------

In the morning I wake up and hear people talking downstairs. I get dressed quickly and go downstairs. Mrs. Weasley is telling Hermione and Ginny a story about something. Fred and George and trying to guess everyone's gifts. I hate trying to guess gifts, it ruins the surprise. I got Harry new quidditch gloves with his initials engraved on the wrist of the right glove. He still has the same gloves as he had during third year, they are way too small. I keep telling him he needs new ones but he hasn't gotten around to it. Speaking of Harry he seems to be the only one who isn't downstairs yet.

"Where's Harry?' I ask.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Ginny mumbles. I shoot her a look and she holds in her laugh. Harry comes down the stairs and everyone looks at him.

"Uh good morning?" He says confused. Everyone can't choose whether to look at me or him so they just switch back and forth. I don't know what to do so I look at Harry who is just as clueless of what to say. Ginny can't help but start snickering a little.

After breakfast we start giving gifts to each other. I was very grateful for everything that I got and I'm pretty sure everyone liked the gifts I had got them. Harry and I wanted to wait for not everyone to be around to give each other our gifts, it's just better because then we don't have everyone there when we want to explain what it is and other things like that. We wait until a little later when everyone is outside. I get the little box I had wrapped in red and white striped wrapping paper and sit on the couch next to Harry. I hand it to him.

"Here, it's nothing big or anything" I say. He opens it, I quickly point out where his initials are. He smiles at it then hugs me.

"I love it, thank you so much" He says. He gets up and runs up the stairs and tells me to close my eyes when he comes back down. I cover my eyes until he says I can look.

"You said that you played guitar over the summer and I would love to hear you play a song" He says, he is holding an acoustic guitar then he gives it to me.

"Harry, guitars are expensive you didn't have to-" I feel bad that I just got him gloves and he got me a guitar.

"I wanted to" He says. Conveniently he also had a pick. He hands it to me. "I've always thought guitar was cool and I kind of want to learn but it looks hard" He says.

"At first it is but once you learn a few chords it's not bad, here let me show you" I begin, he sits next to me.

"This is an E minor, you put your pointer finger or when speaking in guitar terms it would be your first finger, on the second string and the second fret. The frets are these little metal bars under the strings. You put your second finger on the third string, second fret" I place his fingers where they are supposed to be then strum for him. He looks up at me looking excited to learn. I teach him a C, A minor, G, and a D chord. This is one of the easier songs that I know. He just learned so it's a little choppy but really good for his first time. I then take the guitar and play the song I was trying to teach him. I leave out the singing part, I don't want to embarrass myself. He seems very interested by the guitar which makes me happy because it could be something we could do together.

"You should sing too, I don't doubt that you'd have a beautiful voice" He says. I do doubt it though.

"Thank you but maybe another time, everyone's outside, let's go" I say.

————————————————————————
The song she taught him was O' Children by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds