Chapter Thirty Seven

As the spring season approaches we have to start thinking about quidditch try outs again. Try outs stress me out, I know I made the fall team but you never know who has been practicing just to take my spot. Everyone tells me that I think about it too much but I think that thinking is what has always gotten me ahead. The fact that I use the same amount of strategy as athleticism is what makes me so good at quidditch. At least that what I've always told myself.

Harry has been great so far, really. He has this desire to make sure that he puts me before him. It's sweet but I feel like I don't do anything for him sometimes. Every time I surprise him with something he one ups me. It's not on purpose, I think that he just feels a need to make me happy which absolutely melts my heart. I love watching Harry be happy though. His smile is everything, I could watch him smile for days on end. Every time I play guitar for him he smiles, it's become a daily thing now. I either spend time teaching him more or playing for him. I'm still too shy to sing though, it's not like he would judge me or anything. I just get nervous for some reason. I did promise him that I would sing for him by the end of the year though.

On the first day of spring third year Harry and I snuck out in the middle of the night to the quidditch pitch to look at the stars since it was supposed to be a really clear sky that night, we decided to make it a tradition. Last year when we went it was cloudy so it sort of ruined the point but we still had tons of fun. Today is the first day of spring. I wonder if he'll remember. It's about half way through the day and he hasn't said anything about it yet. But it's not like him to forget something like this. The bell rings startling me into standing up from my desk. As I walk out of the classroom I see Harry coming from another classroom over to me. He learned my schedule just so he could walk with me to every class. "Are you excited for tonight?" He with a little smile. He remembered.

"Yes, do you know that weather?" I ask. We continue to plan how it'll go until we have to part ways to go to our next classes. He gives me a kiss on the cheek before turning the opposite way. I'll never get used to that feeling. It catches me off guard every single time even thought I'm expecting it.

In my next class I used to sit in a random seat until I met Emily. We've become really good friends, we haven't hung out outside of the classroom yet thought. I've mentioned her to Ginny and Hermione a few times and they say they'd like to meet her. Maybe tomorrow I'll introduce her to everyone, I could definitely help sneak her into our common room. Although I don't know if she would be the type to sneak into somewhere.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's about 11:50 when I go down to the common room. We said we would meet at 12:00 but I like to be early. I take a seat on the couch while I wait for him. Once I here his footsteps I jump up. He has the invisibility cloak of course so we are able to sneak out without getting caught.

"You ready?" He asks. I nod, right before we go through he portrait hole he wraps the cloak over the both of us. We walk through the halls with no problems or encounters for a while. Using the cloak is always fun. It's weird to think that nobody can see us even if we where standing right in front of them. We suddenly here footsteps coming from behind us. Harry starts to walk faster but it would be smarter to stop so they won't here us. I grab his arm to stop him and wait for whoever is coming to pass us. As they walk bye I see a tall man with black hair and long black robes. What would Snape be doing out so late? "That was close" Harry begins. I put my hand over his mouth to shut him up. Snape turns around and looks to see who would be talking. He continues walking after a moment of guaranteeing nobody was there. Harry and I look at each other so we know to keep going. Once we are finally outside we can take the cloak off. We don't really suspect anybody to be out this late and if they are, they're probably up to something they shouldn't be. Sort of like me and Harry. He taps me and points up before saying "Look, it's a clear sky." With a huge smile. The moon is so bright that it's lighting up the sky making us able to see each other.

"I bet I can beat you to the quidditch pitch" I say before getting a head start at running down there. He quickly catches up with me and pushes me out of the way gently so he can get ahead. "Cheater!" I exclaim trying to catch up.

"Says the one who got a head start and is still going to lose!" He says back. I try to come up with some witty reply but I can't think over the sound of my heavy breathing as I sprint to catch up with him.

———————————————————————

I feel like the last two chapters where a little bit boring but it'll get better don't worry. I just want to develop Gabriella's relationships well😅