Chapter Fifty One

A few more weeks have gone by of Harry keeping his suspicions up about Draco being a death eater, and still he's the top of potions class. I've noticed he's been reading his notebook all the time. At lunch, during free periods, in the common room, before and after quidditch, and even before bed. I think I've figured out how he's acing potions. He's made it too obvious and easy for me to figure out. If I asked him though, I don't think he would tell me. So I've got to make a plan.

It's easy enough, the next time he doesn't have it in his hands I'll take it. There's got to be something in that book that's helping him so tremendously. Hopefully he doesn't get mad, I think he'll get over it.

———————————————

"Bloody hell Harry will you quit reading that book!" Ron says. It's late but Harry is still wide awake, the rest of us not so much. Harry hasn't been getting much sleep lately. I hate seeing him like this. During the day he looks miserable, moping around and at night he's got too much energy to get a good night's rest. Some nights we'll put a silencing charm on the common room and stay out here by the fire so I can make sure he does eventually fall asleep. It's better than when he stays in his room at least.

"I'm going to go to bed now, have a good night everyone." Hermione says. Ginny follows her and Ron also decides to go up to his room.

"Are you going to go too?" Harry asks.

"No, why would I do that?" I ask.

"I don't know." He hasn't looked up from his book yet and it's honestly frustrating me.

"Are you even listening to what I'm saying?" I ask.

"Hm?" He replies. I rip the book out of his hand and jump off of the sofa and over to the other side of the room with it. "Give it back." He says firmly.

"No." I say sassily. He comes over to me, "If you take one more step I'll read it." I tease. Unfortunately for me he has better reflexes than I do so he's able to get a hold on the book. It's wide open with him holding onto one side of it while I've got both hands on the other.

"This isn't a joke, give it back!" He says.

"Really? Because I think this is quite funny." I say. He gives me a very small almost unnoticeable smile then let's go of the book with one hand, I don't get it because now I've got a better shot at getting it. He answers my questions when he uses his free hand to grab my arm and whip me around into him. Now he's essentially hugging me while trying to pry the book out of my hands. I try to pull away from him so I can open it without him getting it. Then he starts tickling me. My whole body becomes weak, forcing me to drop the book on the ground as I try to tell him to stop. He picks it up and holds it up over my head. I wasn't even going to try and get it again. I'm just trying to catch my breath after that. "You can't do that, it's not fair." I say.

"There were never any rules established!" He says. I give him a glare, "It's all fun and games until Gabriella loses." He says with a cocky smirk. I want to stay mad but he makes it so bloody hard. But I come up with an ultimatum.

"You're right, have fun by yourself tonight." We had planned to spend the night together, his facial expression dropped immediately.

"Wait, I thought we were staying together." He says.

"We were until you found a new girlfriend, you're book. You're giving that stupid book more attention then you've been giving me lately. I get it if you don't have time to spend countless hours with me but it hurts a little when you're spending them doing something like reading a school provided notebook while you could easily devote some of that time to me." I say.

"I'll put it away for the rest of the night, I promise." He says. I cross my arms.

"Fine. Only because I would feel terrible if you showed up to breakfast with dark circles one more day." I say. He tries to hide his excitement but a huge smile forms on his face. He's wearing the crew neck I got him tonight, and I was right when picking it out. He does look brilliant in it. But he takes it off to sleep because he doesn't want to ruin it, leaving him in a plain blue T-shirt and some grey joggers. Sometimes we like to spend the night together on the couch in the common room, maybe once or twice a week so far but I honestly wish we did it more. Not only because I like to but because I know that Harry can actually sleep when we do. And even though he thinks that I don't know about it, I've seen him following Malfoy around lately so I'd rather him be well rested in case he ever did something stupid and impulsive again.

———————————————

As soon as I'm sure Harry is sleeping I reach for his book that was on the coffee table. On the first page that a student would normally write their name for the year there's some cursive writing.

This book is property to the Half Blood Prince

Who in the hell is that Half Blood Prince? I flip through some of the pages, all of the potions have different directions written in. So that's how Harry's top of the class.

There are also some spells, I've never heard of any of these in my life. And I have no idea what they do but I see one called Sectumsempra. It's a curse, Harry's been reading a book full of curses and he didn't think to tell me? I wasn't that bothered by the book at first but judging by Harry's recent actions he could definitely use it irresponsibly.

———————————————————————