Chapter Fifty Nine

As I'm walking in the hall someone ignorantly bumps right into me.

"Hey watch it." I snap, then instantly regret it when I see the clumsy brown haired boy fixing his glasses.

"Good morning, Gab. I'm glad to know you haven't lost your fire." He says with such an innocent smile that it makes me feel even more guilty.

"Sorry I thought you were some random kid." I say not looking up as he matches the pace I'm walking at.

"So you'd make an exception for me is what you're saying?" He asks. Gosh he makes me nervous.

"Uh I don't know, sure." I don't want to try and say something flirty, that's just pointless. Even though he's sort of teasing me with the way he's acting.

"Hmmm." He says in a way that makes me question everything I just said. "Anyways I think you'll be glad to know that I'll be using the liquid luck one day this weekend after the Valentine's Day party tonight at least. It would be too much all in one night." He says, reminding me of the Valentine's Day party that I don't want to attend.

I would've stayed by myself in the library or something but Ginny said she would hex me if I didn't go.

It's going to be held in the Slytherin common room which I'm not too fond of but everyone's going so I guess it can't be that bad.

"I'll see you there." I say with a smile. I can read his expressions pretty well and I'm almost sure he got excited when I said I would be there. Although I'm desperate for him so anything he does gets my hopes up.

———————————————

"I think he fancies you." Ginny says while picking out a sweater. She's been going on about this Ravenclaw boy who spends all class trying to talk to me. I feel bad since I'm not interested and he seems so sweet. But I'm just no where near ready to move on to other people.

"I told you, I'm not ready for another relationship right now." I remind her.

"You don't have to start a relationship, just flirt a little. Have some fun, it's a party." She adds. I roll my eyes while slipping my ankle boots on. I decided to wear a white cropped sweater with a turtle neck and jeans that come up high enough so you can't see my stomach or anything. I like to dress more conservatively, I don't show much skin most of the time. Not that I have a problem with people who do, it's just not my style.

"I know Mione's having the time of her life." Ginny says sarcastically. Hermione usually doesn't like parties that much, it takes her a while to loosen up. But she left early for some reason. I think it's because Ron also went early, but what do I know about relationships anymore? I punch some hoop earrings in and head out the door after Ginny.

"Boys are stupid anyways." She mumbles. I turn my head at her inquisitively then respond.

"Well if you find one that isn't, you're lucky. And if you can get him to stay with you through anything you're one in a million." She laughs a little, but the kind where you just let some air out of your nose.

"Harry still loves you, Gabriella." She says carelessly, like everyone knows. As if he shouts it from the rooftops and it's no big deal.

I mean, I know he still loves me as in he cares for me, but I just feel like if he really was in love with me he would've tried to solve our problems rather than just get rid of me as a whole. "Not in the way I want." I say.

"Yes, yes he does." She argues.

"What makes you think that?" I ask quickly, eager to hear her response.

"He asks about you all of the time and." She sighs "you can't tell Hermione I told you because she made me swear I wouldn't because it would give you false hope blah blah blah."

"I promise just tell me." I say.

"He asked if you had a date to the party tonight, then when that boy from Ravenclaw overheard he was about to say something to you. I think his name is Chris or maybe Clark-"

"It's Carl, Ginny." I correct.

"Right. Anyways Carl was about to ask you to the party I think but Harry tapped on his shoulder rather forcefully and said something to him that made his face go red and look down at his desk the rest of class." She finishes.

"That's just spectacular." I say sarcastically.

"What?" She snaps.

"Well I don't exactly want him bullying other students for whatever inexcusable reason he has in mind. Why should he care? If he wanted to go to this party with me he shouldn't have broken up with me in the first place." I sound like a child. It doesn't matter if he wants to go to this party with me, it's the fact that he didn't need to. He didn't need to stay with me like how I need to be with him right now. That's going to take a long time to sync in and it really hurts to know I love him more. That's just life I guess.

———————————————

Once Ginny and I reach the dungeon Ginny pulls out half a piece of paper and reads the password to the Slytherin common room, she rolls her eyes at it "Real original." She shows it to me.

Pureblood

"Typical." I say as she whispers the password. A passageway is revealed leading to the common room. I can here the music from out here. Once we enter we aren't greeted nicely necessarily since the two standing hear the entrance are some of Malfoy's goons. I immediately spot Harry looking effortlessly charming as always. He gives me a friendly wave, I force myself to smile and wave back. I see Carl standing behind Harry hopelessly waving at me, I'm sure he thought I was waving at him. Poor boy, he hasn't got a chance when he's competing against Harry.

———————————————————————